D80/18-70 delivers smoke on the water during sunrise

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Doug, May 21, 2007.

1. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    Shot at 7:00 AM on the way to work. There's an airport at the flat area you see there, Island Home Airport. Yes, a plane or two has entered the drink over the years. Lives lost there sadly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Several versions here, can view original and see airport lights at runway, etc..:

http://fotogafer.smugmug.com/gallery/2885587#155036098

2. Doug,
    I like this one out of 4, Very nice!
    Knoxville is a very nice area; and I landed there once years ago but not sure if it was the airport you are talking about.

[​IMG]

3. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    Thanks Trung, this is a very small airport, and definitely not our major airport which is McGee Tyson.

Again, this is Island Home, near downtown, a community type airport for small aircraft. I just played with the white balance and things a bit in raw, and developed a few alternatives. Thanks for the input on which selection you liked.

4. Number 4 looks like a painting. Very nice! I keep thinking about replacing my 18-70, but I keep getting great shots from it and seeing yours makes me think I will just save some money.

Cheers
    Nancy

5. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    Thanks Nancy. Glad to help!

I did get rid of mine once, but then bought a second copy. My motives for buying it at the time, the 2nd time was to let my daughter use a 200.00 lens instead of a 800.00 one for her class spring term, lol. She liked it because it was lighter on my D200 than the 18-200VR. But when I got a D80 as a cam to carry with me daily, the 18-70 seemed a match made in heaven. The balance of these 2 together is just perfect. If she needs a cam for Fall, she will probably get the D80, and be very happy with it's diminuative size. :)

Thanks for your vote on which one you liked best!

Doug