D800 here I come

I have been reading threads here all day about the D800. I have seen so many outstanding images. So much information. I finally made the decision to upgrade from the D700. I am now waiting impatiently for B&H to reopen so I can place my order. If I place it tonight I should have this little beauty in my hands Monday night. I can't wait!!!!

My lens arsenal includes:

Nikon 24-70 f/2.8
Nikon 85 f/1.8
Nikon 70-200 f/2.8
Nikon Fisheye 16mm f/2.8

I can't wait to start shooting with this.

Thanks to everyone, I have enjoyed reading all the informative posts and seeing your images.

I have the same kit except I went with the Signa fisheye.

You're gonna love the D800! Congratulations.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did the same thing. I kept reading and looking at D800 photos until I couldnt take it anymore. Had it little over a week and it's AWESOME.

I love my D700 and have been fighting NAS and the desire for a D800 for quite a while now, and you guys are not helping at ALL!

Good luck with the new toy Tewmom.

Got mine last Tuesday. I love the camera. Now it's on to buying an equally good tripod to get the most out of the few lenses I have. Then I have to upgrade my damned computer...the computer can wait! LoL NAS

CONGRATS!

I never thought I would get the D800. But I kept getting this overwhelming gravitational pull towards one and could no longer resist the urge :biggrin: Hope you got some big memory cards! Enjoy ...

Thanks everyone, I am so excited. I have been on the fence for a long time. B&H has a really good deal going on right now. A very nice deluxe package at a good price. Looking forward to its arrival. I see some dog portraits coming they make such good test subjects.

Dianne

Real Name
Colin Carter
Colin, I have been admiring your images I have seen posted on the D800/E Images thread. Outstanding work!

Dianne

thanks Dianne

ive not found anything yet, that this camera cant be used for

8475911672_e54873b660_o.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

White Headed Vulture by TheApertureMan, on Flickr

thats quite a big upgrade..how you liking the extra ISO capabilities of the D800, I found the D300s was only usable to ISO 1600 and even then at a push...

It’s an upgrade, that’s for sure. Depending on light, I find that pushing the D300 beyond 800 ISO wasn’t something I did lightly. I could get decent results at ISO 1600 in the right light with decent shutter speeds. I haven’t really done much with high ISO with the D800 yet. Just pointed it at my other half in a dark room lit only but one window at ISO 6400, and it was awesome. I’ll get plenty of high ISO use when football season cranks up. That's what I'm looking forward to.

another D300 to 800E user,, as I am 72 years aged I did notice I have to hold camera steadier or use higher shutter speed,,

OH what results that 800E can provide,, :)

Derry

Best of luck with your D800. I purchased a D800e in February as an upgrade to my D700. Both are wonderful tools. To help learn the D800 I purchased this book "Mastering the Nikon D800" from Amazon. It's written by a member of the Nikonians.com forum and is a clearly written replacement to the Nikon user manual. It's on my nightstand and in my camera bag when I travel.

Post photos!

VBR,

Latest threads

Top Bottom