D800 is CrayCray

D800, natural light, 85mm 1.4G.

With the D800, you can get a really tight crop to fill the frame with your subject without a macro lens. 85G has a crappy minimum focus distance. But this almost looks like a macro lens shot. But I was about 3 feet away when I shot this. 50% crop.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

With a strobe (click for high-res):

You’re WB seems to be all over the place. Nice subject tho. :smile:

I’ve had my D800 for a couple of days, and you really can crop down with that puppy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You’re WB seems to be all over the place. Nice subject tho. :smile:

I’ve had my D800 for a couple of days, and you really can crop down with that puppy.
Each image is done differently in post. These are not straight out of camera. I shoot RAW and edit each image for different looks when I'm bored. ;) They were all initially shot with the same WB. But after going through Capture One and Photoshop, they ended up in different places. :) If I were shooting something for reals, and not just me dickin' around they'd be consistent.

That 1911 sure looks clean, has it been fired? :smile: Excellent lighting capture the simple lines of the pistol. SS I'm guessing?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That 1911 sure looks clean, has it been fired? :smile: Excellent lighting capture the simple lines of the pistol. SS I'm guessing?
Got about 1,000 rounds through it. Only had it for a few months. And yep, SS. It shoots great! I have another Brown on the way as well. A Special Forces II Carry in Gen III (black coating). Cell phone pics:

My contribution with my new d800. 70-200at f22. Three shots bracketed and processed in HDR Efex Pro 2.

Got about 1,000 rounds through it. Only had it for a few months. And yep, SS. It shoots great! I have another Brown on the way as well. A Special Forces II Carry in Gen III (black coating). Cell phone pics:
Very nice, I like 1911's too. I have a Les Baer TRS in chrome.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom