D800 Problem

So I have had my D800 since May 5th. I had knee replacement surgery the next day so I have maybe shot 200 pics with it. I took it with me to my sons graduation tonight, took it out of the Pelican case and it was dead. No LED display on top and will not turn on. I had charged two Nikon batteries before I left and tried both batteries and nothing. It is being shipped out in the morning to Nikon for repair. I have had my trusty D700 for over two years and never had a problem. Very disappointed that this is happening with the D800. I will post a update when I get it back to let everyone know what the problem was. I searched online to see if anyone else has had this problem and did not find anything.

How is the knee working out? I had to have both hips replaced and it went well. I understand that knees are harder because you really have to work them to break up the scar tissue and get your range of motion back. Hopefully, by the time you get fully mobile you will also have your camera in working order.

Knee is doing great. Yes it's alot of work. I am walking without crutches or cane. Still feels like a knot in my knee but its still swollen. They want to see 120 degrees range of motion, I am at 115 degrees. But I have really worked hard with PT and I start outpatient PT Thursday. But it feels alot better than before the surgery. Thanks for asking. Still waiting to hear whats wrong with my camera.

I had my left knee done on April 30. Scar tissue formed to fast and regular PT did not break it up.

DR decided to manipulate the knee last knight. 15 minutes in the OR and he took it from 94 to 124. Now this morning, there is the need for pain killers again for two or three days. And he added 6 more weeks of PT but all is going well.

Knee replacement is far less of a deal than I had thought.
Roy

I had my left knee done on April 30. Scar tissue formed to fast and regular PT did not break it up.

DR decided to manipulate the knee last knight. 15 minutes in the OR and he took it from 94 to 124. Now this morning, there is the need for pain killers again for two or three days. And he added 6 more weeks of PT but all is going well.

Knee replacement is far less of a deal than I had thought.
Roy

Man you're a tough bird. With what you already wrote, last sentence sounds like a mild understatement at best. I hope you heal soon and well (your camera too).

I feel for you guys (Ken and Roy). At least with hip replacement surgery you don't have to work on your range of motion. Ken - if you sent your camera in at the beginning of June, you should hear back next week. From what I recall, it usually takes 3 days to get to Melville through UPS, 1-2 days for Nikon to log it into their system, and then up to ten business days for them to assess the camera and send you an e-mail. If you don't have something from them by the 21st, I'd call their service number and talk with a representative. Good luck on getting your camera fixed and getting that 120 degree range of motion. Roy - good luck in getting off the pain meds and fully recovering from your knee replacement.

Thanks. Yes my camera arrived in Melville on June 10. They told me 2 to 3 days to enter it into the system. So I await the verdict.

I have not been following the d800 left AF focus saga and all the while I thought that this has already been addressed and fixed by Nikon. I was at Nikon's service centre earlier today and I could not help overhearing a lady who was very upset that her d800 has focusing issues and she only bought it last week.

Is the AF left focus issue still persist even in current batches.

I am not sure in which forum I got the information, but I heard that from s/no >3055000 somthing the problem with the AF should be fixed. I got my D800 2 days ago with s/no 600..... And so far it looks to be spot on! The shop claimed that in their opinion this matter has been dramatically over proportion due to rumours, www etc. They only had a few coming back with this problem (sold hundreds!). The guy seemed honest about this but what else should he say... Considering the amount of sold D800 world wide I am sure Nikon have done their best to solve this urgently since all problems are reported back to the factory!
First impressions vs D700...Wow...colors, DR, resolution, what a difference!!! I still love my D700 that takes marcellous pictures (or actually, I do! Haha...) but clearly a big upgrade! Feels very much as the same camera in the way it handles, the contols etc. That's good, except the change of +/- that needs learning...

Latest threads

Top Bottom