D800 ??

Discussion in 'Nikon FX DSLR' started by dan1942, Jul 9, 2008.

1. It really looks like its photoshoped

2. pforsell

pforsell

Jan 15, 2008
    Keep em coming. The more the merrier :biggrin:

3. Hahaha!:biggrin:

4. From a reliable source who claims to have Nikon credentials told me last nite at the soup kitchen that the D800 will be 48mp to compete with Hasselbald, have %105 coverage (to over compensate for D700's minus %5) and a virtual shutter so that no noise and disturbuance will emit.

Then again the same gentleman also claimed to work for CIA, MIA and some outer gallactic confederation which I cannot prove exists.

5. vinman

vinman

Nov 15, 2006
    Upstate SC
    My source told me it also has a battery grip that features a special wifi neurotransmitter so all your images are backed up directly to your brain. It'll only be compatible with UBUNTU, though.

6. on top of 48 megapixels, and the neurotransmitter,

my source says that not only will it too take 35mm film with an optional adapter , it will also process the film in-camera. scanned backups will be transferred to the CF card.

7. 35mm film with an optional adapter

Are you sure about that and not confusing with Sony's yet to be annouced product Purple Ray which is basically a reintroduced Betamax! with a D800 adapter??

8. ruchai

ruchai Guest

There will be no D800. Pros will buy D3 or D3x, non pros may get excited with D700 but when they start adding up cost of FX lenses they will have to buy they will stick to their D300. Not only FX lenses are expensive and heavy, they are not much of them available when compare with DX lenses.
    The next one will be D400 not D800.

9. vinman

vinman

Nov 15, 2006
    Upstate SC
    (whispering quietly to everyone) do we tell him this thread is purely sarcastic?

10. cotdt

cotdt

Jul 14, 2007
    Bay Area, USA
    I'm sure Nikon would eventually release a D700-like camera that uses the D3x sensor, and call it the D800 or D900.

11. Nikon have more lenses with FF coverage then DX.:wink:

12. pforsell

pforsell

Jan 15, 2008
    Eh? There are only three "pro" grade DX lenses in the Nikon lineup, all the other DX lenses are variable aperture and made of plastic.

• DX 12-24/4
    • DX 17-55/2.8
    • "DX" 70-200/2.8

I won't bother to count the number of FX lenses in Nikon lineup, but I'd guess there are about 50 of them (AIS lenses included). The DX era is over. I am certain Nikon will not introduce one single "pro" grade DX lens again.

The FX lineup has been under heavy rejuvenation. First the exotic long tele lenses (200/2, 300/2.8, 400/2.8, 500/4, 600/4) and the two top zooms (14-24/2.8, 24-70/2.8) then the macros (60/2.8, 105/2.8) then the 3 PC lenses (24/3.5, 45/2.8, 85/2.8). Next ones will be the fast AF-S primes and the replacement for the sad 70-200/2.8.

What has happened on the DX arena at the same time? Only the plastic 16-85/~5.6. This tells me everything. 12 new FX lenses and only one DX lens. DX is done.

13. spoot

spoot

Aug 29, 2007
    Vancouver
    Inside sources tell me that the neurotransmitter acts 2 ways:
    1) Bio-Flash backup to download pictures straight to your brain
    3) Picture Creator, which can take pictures of your thoughts, so you could just imagine a picture, and the Creator will capture it!

:D:D

14. cotdt

cotdt

Jul 14, 2007
    Bay Area, USA
    I wouldn't count the 70-200 as DX, it's an FX just with poor corner performance. Whether or not the 12-24/4 is a pro lens is also debatable, it's certainly not the same level as the 14-24. But you forgot to mention the 10.5 fisheye, the only true Pro DX lens.

15. I say we nominate ruchai for post of the year

16. and as a bonus put him on top of the wait list for pre-production-pre-beta-order-list. we could also arrange for him secretly flown to Nikonia to discuss the details with undercover Nikon agents.

17. scooptdoo

scooptdoo Guest

great point about dx lens cost vs fx.the one great thing about DX formant is it has brought us a bunch of super wide angle lenses.befor back in the 35mm film day anything wider than 24mm was considered too wide almost.with ver little chice under that and then only from the camera manufacturers.
    so we can thank DX and i sapose the 3/4 system as their glass is somewhat cheaper than comprable fx glass