D810 CF card error

I have an older cf card that I have always used with my D300. Just tried to use it with my D810 and it says the card may be corrupted and it isn't able to format it. Does anyone know a fix for this? I don't want to necessarily lose a 16gb cf but it looks like that may happen if I can't fix it.

Cards wear out. You have a wonderful, state of the art D810... why take a chance on an old, out of date card. It may work briefly, then fail and lose some images. Replace the card!

I tried formatting in the computer, no luck once putting it back into the camera. I think at this point I'll be getting a new card to replace it.

Some cards just dont work because they are based on old technology.

I have a kingston 16 GB card that works great in the D700 but its just too slow and outdated for the D800e and gives the same error.

Some cards just dont work because they are based on old technology.

I have a kingston 16 GB card that works great in the D700 but its just too slow and outdated for the D800e and gives the same error.
Sounds like the exact same thing I am going through. The card I am having problems with is a kingston as well.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom