D850 + 200F2 = Magic

Taking advantage of nice morning light in the yard with Roxy. Taken with the D850 & 200F2 @ F2.

PIN_0550W.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The 200mmf2, or also nicknamed chubby, is really the only lens I miss after I moved to sony.
Sony has nothing to compete with the look. Sony has a wonderful 135mm1.8 but there is something about the 200.
I have it sitting here as I can never sell it- even though I will likely never shoot with it again.
Beautiful image.
People talk too much about what a camera can do, in my opinion it is in the lens where magic starts.
gary

Real Name
Walter Rowe
I like a nice blurry background, but there is a point where I find it overdone. This leaves me asking why bother with the setting when there is no context remaining. This is a beautiful portrait. I do wonder if I would like it even more if I had less blur and more context.

I like a nice blurry background, but there is a point where I find it overdone. This leaves me asking why bother with the setting when there is no context remaining. This is a beautiful portrait. I do wonder if I would like it even more if I had less blur and more context.
It all depends on what you are going for. This is exactly what I wanted. The back ground provides the color while the dog is the focal point. I don’t use this lens enough and sometimes I forget that I have it. I rarely stop it down when I do use it.

I loved my 200 f/2, which I named "Bertha," but yeah, I didn't use that lens all that often, which was a real shame. Beautiful lens, capable of creating fantastic results. I agree with Gary that the Sony 135 f/1.8, while a wonderful lens, too, just isn't quite the same.....
I almost switched to Sony, but I have so much Nikon glass that it wouldn’t make sense. I rented an A7IV and while I liked it, it felt like a toy in my big hands. When something comes along that can do things that my D5 or D850 can’t do, I’ll think about it.

Total obliteration of the background and love the lighting of Roxy.
I almost got one of these last year which would have turned out to be the dumbest thing I ever did, and that says a lot.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom