1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

D850 Live View Limitations?

Discussion in 'Nikon FX DSLR Forum' started by Mark Volle, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Mark Volle

Mark Volle

Feb 11, 2019
    I am (desperately) looking for a remote control/laptop solution that will allow me to shoot in "live view" but capture RAW images - it seems that everything I try results in a default "large normal JPG"

If I fire a shot "blind" it captures whatever format and quality I select but once in live view, it returns to the limited JPG.

I am trying to use the camera on a gimbal mounted to a 20' carbon fiber jib arm - so seeing through the viewfinder just isn't an option in this case.

Am I missing something? is this a limit of the live view (and then also of live view silent shooting)?

Help?!?

2. Mark Volle

Mark Volle

Feb 11, 2019
    I may have found my own problem - when I select SL2 - it forces the format to DX and causes some other limitations I hadn't noticed were linked to that selection....

My Bad -

3. yendikeno

yendikeno

Mar 31, 2008
    CA
    Glad you figured it out, and thanks for following up to let us know what caused it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.