D90 and D7000 Spec Differences

Viewfinder focus indicator with arrows and dot (D90 only has the dot)
O :Subject in focus
> :Focus point is between camera and subject
< :Focus point is behind subject
> < :[Blink] Camera unable to focus using autofocus

Viewfinder focus indicator with arrows and dot (D90 only has the dot)
O :Subject in focus
> :Focus point is between camera and subject
< :Focus point is behind subject
> < :[Blink] Camera unable to focus using autofocus

Thank you. This has been added.

I don't see this on the list and it's minor, but I'll mention it. On the D7000 one can change the file naming prefix. This is a real convenience for me as I can instantly distinguish files from by wife's D60 (DSC_XXXX) and the D7000, which I have changed to JRT_XXXX (my initials). ...

Thank you. This has been added.

I also added a number of things that Mike has added to the D80 list, after checking what the D90 has.

Maximum sensitivity when Auto ISO is enabled: ISO 25,600 (D90: ISO 3200 and Hi 1)

Exposure compensation display can be configured to display minus values or positive values on the left. (D90: Only the positive values are displayed on the left.)

Displays blinking clipped highlights for each R, G or B channel and for combined RGB (D80: combined RGB only)

All camera settings can be saved to the memory card in Slot #1 in a file that can be uploaded by others and by you if you have to reset your camera

I updated the Playback "Photo Information" Screens section.

Playback -- Photo Information Screens
  • File Information screen shows focus point(s), AF Area brackets, and card slot number
  • Highlight screen can be cycled to show blinking highlights for all combined RGB channels and each individual R, G, B channel (D90: only shows combined RGB channel highlights)
  • RGB Histogram screen displays blinking highlights
  • RGB Histogram screen blinking highlights can be cycled between all combined RGB channels and each individual R, G, B channel
  • Fourth Shooting Data screen displaying configured Artist and Copyright info (D90: three Shooting Data screens, no Artist & Copyright info)
  • Overview Data screen shows card slot number

Maybe I missed this...but as a legacy lens user this is my selling point.

D7000 allows user to enter non-CPU lens data for up to ten lenses.

Maybe I missed this...but as a legacy lens user this is my selling point.

D7000 allows user to enter non-CPU lens data for up to ten lenses.

That's already on the list but it's a great feature worth repeating. It allows up to 9 lenses, not 10.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom