D90 does some street candids....

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by Sam O, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Sam O

Sam O

Jul 24, 2007
    Toronto
  2. Taylor

Taylor

May 21, 2007
    Toronto, ON
    How do you find it compared to the D300?

3. Sam O

Sam O

Jul 24, 2007
    Toronto
    In the hand I find it a little small and weightless, but then I'm used to the D300/grip and it was the opposite when I went from the D80 to the D300. I miss some of the buttons and easier to adjust manual controls of the D300. IQ wise it's comparable to the D300, and possibly a little better at higher ISOs. Exposure seems to be a little brighter than the D300 as well, neither bad just brighter. AF seems just as fast, though I miss some of the AF points. So video aside it's basically a D300 when it comes to the sensor but everything else it's a slightly improved D80. As for video I'm not as excited with it as I thought I would (guess my heart is with still pics) but I will continue to play around with it, it's whole different ball game.

4. cr2596

cr2596

Aug 20, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The second to last shot is great. Other than the car in the lower right corner, that is.

Great series.

5. Sam,

How do you find the D90's shutter noise for street photography? Quiet enough?