1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

D90 image. Real or fake?

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by pforsell, Aug 8, 2008.

1. pforsell

pforsell

Jan 15, 2008
  2. jaysinnva

jaysinnva

Nov 1, 2007
    Virginia
    HDMI and GPS, huh? Interesting. The pic looks genuine to me.

3. Interesting also the possible Nikon DRF... (!)

4. cotdt

cotdt

Jul 14, 2007
    Bay Area, USA
    I remember a few months ago we were seeing a lot of D700 photos that were immediately proven to be fake (obvious they were photochopped D300), yet Nikon did release a D700 anyway, to spite the skeptics.

5. knut

knut

Aug 25, 2005
    Norway
    Interesting camera, looking forward to the official announcement. However, the location of the GPS port is slightly awkward if you intend to use GPS in connection with a L-bracket. I sincerely hope that the camera has a 10-pin socket, and that we are not having yet another type of connection. Nikon has a lousy history in giving us different batteries, chargers and cables to different cameras.
    Knut

6. AF and M are the only focus choices---no M, S & C. Bracket button on the front. Though I've never seen a D80 so I don't know if these are changes.

7. I just hope it's a D300 inside. It would be nice to have a non pro body version to make it more affordable. :smile:

Now if Nikon will do the same with the D700 to non-pro D-whatever.

8. cotdt

cotdt

Jul 14, 2007
    Bay Area, USA
    Pretty sure the same sensor as the D300, and possibly improved high ISO performance. But the thing that worries me is the metering system. The one in the D80 stinks, the one in the D200 is awesome.

9. Looks good to me. And looks more substantial then the D80 body.

10. Echo that - Having owned a D80 and now a D200, I am very perplexed as to the choice of the metering system in the D80.

Also, I assume that the price differential between the D90 and the D300 will be wide enough to entice people to buy the D90 and not the D300.

11. JohnK

JohnK

Aug 6, 2006
    Pacific NW
    It looks like the D80, same number and placement of buttons.

12. adrianaitken

adrianaitken Guest

Nah, it looks nothing like my one :biggrin:

13. SpoonFed

SpoonFed

Jul 19, 2008
    Bay Area
    looks pretty real to me... time for me to trade my d80 lol?

14. LXShooter

LXShooter

Feb 28, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Same here! :biggrin:

I wonder if they will add the 2 Live View modes. I don't know why they wouldn't. :rolleyes: 

15. We need a list of reasons why our significant others should let us upgrade to the D90.

I'm going to start with the video option, 'Honey, with my fast lenses I can shoot both Juliette's ballet recitals and Mathieu's soccer matches in addition to great low light photos...'

Other reasons would be most appreciated, I think she's getting wise to my strategies.

16. MikeG76

MikeG76

Jun 11, 2008
    Middletown, NY
    According to Thom, it also does video. Notice the 3 holes near the top of the photo.

I think its still on the front page of bythom.com

17. Nikon rumors also has a list price for the D90 w/ a 18-105 vr

here

18. scooptdoo

scooptdoo Guest

each model is designed to sell at a price point.a d300 is not pulling costomers from the d80/90 no more than the d40 is pulling customers from the d80/90.
    id guess around 1295in kit form.right tween the 300 and the 60.besides theirs a bunch of competion out there besides fellow models.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.