D90 iso3200 snapshots

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by Pa, Sep 17, 2008.

1. ...and I do mean snapshots. This was in our local Best Buy store. I had to search 5 minutes to get a salesperson to open the display case to get it out (it wasn't tethered, thank goodness). Then he hovered over me, making it clear that I was keeping him from an important sales rep from some company, who was also hovering nearby.

So I'm not sure they tell us much.

#1 f/4.8, 1/80s, iso3200

374554216_MhcvY-O.

#2 f/5.6, 1/125s, iso3200

374554135_zGTh2-O.

#3 f/5.6, 1/125s, iso3200 (of the sales rep who was waiting nearby)

374554165_dbnVS-O.

All shots were done in manual mode. I simply set the aperture to the smallest available, and selected a shutter speed to center the meter.

No post processing other than downsizing for posting.

I think they are better than my D200 would get.

2. The D90 certainly does do great at high iso's. The examples you posted don't really challenge the camera though. I'm sure we could pull d40/d300 shots that are similar for that kind of good lighting. I'm really looking forward to seeing more low light/high iso shots to really put the D90 through its paces. It looks like a real winner.

3. I agree. Best I could do under the circumstances.

4. scooptdoo

scooptdoo Guest

pics tell me the white balance is off.the 3rd picture of the salesman is blue.

5. I agree. The lighting inside the store was mainly fluorescent, and I didn't have time to check the WB setting. This is not necessarily a fault of the camera.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.