D90 prices - extended warr. ?

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by W.Ditto, Sep 29, 2008.

1. any ideas on lowest prices and best store extended warrantees ?
    thanks

2. I was at Circuit City yesterday and I saw this: D90 Link I thought $1235 was a pretty good price for something that just came out. I don't know how much a warranty would cost though. Good luck.

3. Classic105

Classic105

Sep 10, 2008
    Texas
    Here there is no sales tax if ordering from amazon or BH.
    If I get stuff at Best Buy, there is sales tax.
    Also, amazon and BH often beat Best Buy's price.

:smile:

4. Brooks P

Brooks P

Jul 16, 2006
    Lemon Grove, CA
    If you hate waiting on shipping

I didn't want to wait on shipping, I'm the impatient type I like to walk out of the store with what I purchase.

Best Buy has a coupon for 10% off. Unless you live someplace that has a sales tax that is greater than 10% this may be as good as it gets at the moment. Here sales tax is 7.75% (0.0775); $1299.99 less $130 came to $1169.99 I then paid $90.68 sales tax bringing the camera to a total of $1260.67; without the coupon I would have paid $1299.99 plus $100.75 for a total of $1400.74, so I figure I saved $140.07.

You will find the coupon here, http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1034&message=29247977

Nikon offers a two-year extension on the warranty for the D90 for $139.95 on their Website. Some dealers sell a Nikon Kit that contains the warranty and a camera bag and I have seen people post that they bought the "kit" for $100.

5. Best Buy offered me a 4 year protection plan that would've covered the camera and lens for a little over $100 if I remember right.

6. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  7. You can easily get a D90 for $800 or less nowadays, with the live.com discount on eBay. There are several authorized Nikon dealers that sell the body for list price, which nets you $800 after cashback (Ritz recently started selling on eBay, imagingworld is another authorized dealer, and so is h1photo200 and gary_camera. There are a few sellers who claim to be selling legit Nikon USA copies for around $900-$950 which will net you a lower price IF the deal is legit. With no recourse I would personally go with Ritz or one of the authorized dealers for $50 more.

8. oo74

oo74

Apr 7, 2008
    Germantown, MD
    I'd be careful with some of live cashback purchases on Ebay, because you may not get the live cashback if the seller has a store front.

One of my favorite camera stores on ebay is Cameta, but since they have a storefront setup on ebay, live cashback does not apply.

9. Stef

Stef

Nov 1, 2005
    Peoria, AZ
    I paid 1399.00 for my D90 kit at Costco.

It came with the body, 18-55 VR, 55-200 VR, Nikon Gear bag, 2 GB card, And a Nikon training video. All in all, I don't think it was too bad of a deal. Since I have sold alot of my previous lenses, I figured it was perfect for me until I can get better stuff.

I'm a happy camper.

10. I have seen so many people have reservations about rebates or the live.com deal, and I always wonder why. I have never, ever had a company not honor a rebate. And I am anal about rebates I file, I always keep a copy in a special folder and every few months I go through them to make sure I am getting what I am owed. With the live.com rebate I am probably up to $1000 on three eBay accounts, just tonight I dropped some serious $$$ on an iPhone and a Nokia E71.

As long as you read the screen it is always crystal clear whether you are getting a cashback and what you are getting. Same with rebates --- read and follow instructions, and everything will be fine. The people who have problems usually don't provide all information requested. Also note that many merchants who normally use alternative checkout systems are setting up parallel storefronts so they can cater to customers who want the cashback. Case in point --- flashpointcameras is the same as 47thstreetphoto.

Bottom line, buy your D90 from imaging_world, h1photo, ritzcameras, or another authorized dealer on eBay and save AT least $200.

11. mcgriff

mcgriff

Oct 16, 2008
    Ohio
    Newegg has the D90 with kit lens for $1225. That seems to be a good no frills price from one of my favorite online sellers. Newegg is always my first stop for any electronic device. Great customer service.

12. nykonian

nykonian

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Buydig or Beachcamera has the kit for 1199 before LiveCash's 2.5% discount. It's even cheaper if you want to deal with Ebay.

13. I was looking very closely at flashpoint cameras D90 ebay deal. Would you reckon it safe to buy from there from your experience in this sort of a thing?
    Many thanks,