D90 - where is the IR sensor?

I got an IR remote for my Nikon D90...one question, where is the IR sensor?

It seems like it might be in the "viewable frame" but, sometimes it doesn't trigger if I'm aimed at that. Also, wondering if it's possible to trigger a shot by aiming at the camera someplace if I can't see the area that's getting photographed.

You guys are both right! I thought that "thing" above the D90 was some kind of a plug for an option I didn't have. I looked in the manual too...it's not in my index either...but it is on page 4.

Thanks!!

I'm getting one of these today. In fact it's at the house now probably. Does it work like the shutter button on the camera? Half press auto focus and full press to click the shutter?

I'm getting one of these today. In fact it's at the house now probably. Does it work like the shutter button on the camera? Half press auto focus and full press to click the shutter?
No, but I don't think it will release before focus is locked. I'll check mine this weekend. GH

nope, no half-release, once you press it the camera will focus and shoot.

If the focus delay is unacceptable, you can set it up, focus, set it to manual focus and then the shutter will go instantly.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom