1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

D90 - where is the IR sensor?

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR Forum' started by jerryshenk, Aug 7, 2009.

1. jerryshenk

jerryshenk

Jan 8, 2009
    PA
    I got an IR remote for my Nikon D90...one question, where is the IR sensor?

It seems like it might be in the "viewable frame" but, sometimes it doesn't trigger if I'm aimed at that. Also, wondering if it's possible to trigger a shot by aiming at the camera someplace if I can't see the area that's getting photographed.

2. Isn't it that round port/panel just above where it says "D90" on the front?

3. WayneF

WayneF

Apr 3, 2006
    Texas
    D90 manual, page 4, item 4.

4. jerryshenk

jerryshenk

Jan 8, 2009
    PA
    You guys are both right! I thought that "thing" above the D90 was some kind of a plug for an option I didn't have. I looked in the manual too...it's not in my index either...but it is on page 4.

Thanks!!

5. RUSSH

RUSSH

Mar 16, 2009
    Cypress, TX
    I'm getting one of these today. In fact it's at the house now probably. Does it work like the shutter button on the camera? Half press auto focus and full press to click the shutter?

6. GH41

GH41

Nov 18, 2008
    HHI
    No, but I don't think it will release before focus is locked. I'll check mine this weekend. GH

7. nope, no half-release, once you press it the camera will focus and shoot.

8. RUSSH

RUSSH

Mar 16, 2009
    Cypress, TX
    Okay...thanks guys

9. jerryshenk

jerryshenk

Jan 8, 2009
    PA
    If the focus delay is unacceptable, you can set it up, focus, set it to manual focus and then the shutter will go instantly.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.