1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

D90 "zoom" on rear LCD

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR Forum' started by Roscoe, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Roscoe

Roscoe

Apr 26, 2009
    Vegas
    I like to zoom in to get a better feel for the shot by pressing the appropriate button on the back.

I realize the rear image is really the embedded jpeg, but does anybody know if a certain number of zoom steps gets exactly 100% crop (i.e. 1-to-1 pixels)?

2. I asked this question a while back and the consensus was "zoom all the way in and back out two steps". Nobody (at the time, anyway) was 100% sure, but it does seem pretty close.

-Fred

3. Roscoe

Roscoe

Apr 26, 2009
    Vegas
    You can't back out in a D90...pressing "OK" takes you all the way back to full.

4. NateS

NateS

Oct 11, 2007
    Missouri
    Yes you can...there is a plus and minus button for zooming in or out.

5. I also work on the basis of 2 presses back from full. That's certainly where it looks best. The last two levels of magnification don't seem to be particularly worthwhile.

6. Agreed ^

I don't see the point of magnifying beyond 1:1

7. Roscoe

Roscoe

Apr 26, 2009
    Vegas
    Wow, I learned more than I expected. Went back to the manual and confirmed that.

Thanks

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.