Dad was mad.

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Brew, May 26, 2005.

1. Brew

Brew Guest

I was trying to shoot some geese across a pond when they all hopped in the water and came at me. Dad was hissing and moving his head up and down sticking out his tongue at me. I didn't realize what there tongues looked like but he was not happy. I’m just surprised that if they feel threatened that all of them would come over!!
    So I shot this and ran, sorry I think that is mom and they have more etiquette than to stick their tongues out.

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Bruce,

I wouldn't be surprised if they came over hoping that you would feed them. They do that all the time at our local pond. The young ones are often especially habituated to people since we were there when the chicks were born, and they haven't figured out that we are a threat yet. 8)

I've had mallard and muscovy chicks eat out of my hand.

3. Brew

Brew Guest

Yeah you're probably right but threatening me with his hissing and tongue action is just uncalled for :lol:

4. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Hey Bruce...do you get to the Milwaukee Zoo much? Is it still a nice place? We haven't been there is years and may try to get up there in the coming weeks. Will be at Miller Park for a Cubs/Brewers game on June 21 and may have to bring the camera for that contest.

5. Brew

Brew Guest

I haven't been to the Zoo is years although it is still a pretty good Zoo. The kids are too old to show much interest in going to the Zoo, well maybe I could get the 11 y/o to go but the 15 y/o forget it.

We're going to the Brewer/Houston game this weekend and I didn't think they let you bring cameras in!!! I'll have to check.

Well enjoy yourself while you're here and hopefully the weather will be nice.

My Wife and I spent our 20 wedding anniversary in downtown Chicago last year, it's a really fun place to visit but $14.00 for a glass of wine!!!!!! :cry: