Daddy Long Leg.....stealth style

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by NateS, Aug 17, 2008.

1. NateS

NateS

Oct 11, 2007
    Missouri
    I stared in this guy's general direction for a good 10 minutes before I noticed him hanging there. He blended in quite well. I know you can't see his "face" but I still thought the shots were pretty neat.

2008-08-10_11web.

2008-08-10_7web.

2. Nate, I saw some of these this weekend on my shooting as well in PA. I didn't capture them at all as I only noticed them this morning prior to departure. Need to look more closely sometimes. There are nicely captured. I think I like the first better as I can see the whole daddy...

3. Thats a super nice image, I like the light and the dark back ground, how did you accomplish this. The daddy's eyes, i do not think are important in this composition, besides, critters sometimes, just will not cooperate.

4. NateS

NateS

Oct 11, 2007
    Missouri
    Thank you and yes they are pretty good subjects once you find them and they aren't on the move. First is my favorite too for the same reasons.

Thanks TomP. The lighting for this setup was the same as all my macro shots which is an off camera SB-600 (sometimes on camera but not this time) and a fast sync speed......1/500th I believe. I usually shoot f/18 to help darken the ambient as well and to give more DOF.

5. Excellent. The warm light gives it a special note.

Cheers

6. NateS

NateS

Oct 11, 2007
    Missouri
    Thanks Harry.

I'd also like to correct my "daddy long leg" statment. That's what they are called around here but technically that's not correct as this is a Harvestman. Technicality, but I try to be as correct about things as possible.

7. Harvestman - Daddy Longleg; as long as people know what is meant ...

Cheers

8. lr0868

lr0868

May 25, 2008
    henderson, nv
    nice, yucky,but nice :) 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.