Daisy - Shallow DOF

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by viewfinder, Jul 16, 2005.

1. A few daisies with shallow DOF, all taken using D70 and 105mm micro, cloudy WB in the shade.

Comments and feedbacks most welcome.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Regards,
    Jonathan

2. Lisa

Lisa

May 3, 2005
    IL
    Nice! It's tough going for such a shallow DOF but you did a good job here. Especially the 2nd and 3rd ones. How do you like the 105mm? Can you tell me what the working distance is from the front of the lens to the subject?

Thank you :)

3. Very nice, Jonathan! I like the colors in the first one!!

4. Hi Lisa,

Thanks for the comments.

I like the 105mm micro very much, this is my first real macro lens, so I can't really tell you how it compares with others. But it does the job for me for what I am using it for. It's a great candid portrait lens too.

The minimum focusing distance is 12 inches for 1:1, but I generally stay further back to frame the subject. The above are all full frame without any cropping, can't remember how far back I was for these, definitely not 1:1.

Working distance from front of lens is 136mm, which is just under 6 inches.

Regards,
    Jonathan

5. Thanks Kevin,

Yes, the orange attacts me to them everytime. The D70 is doing a pretty good job with spot metering, cloudy WB brings out the deeper saturation as well.

Regards,
    Jonathan