1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Review DAKINE Sequence Backpack - Photo Review

Discussion in 'Reviews, Tests, & Shootouts' started by PAFirefighter11, Dec 15, 2008.

1. Can anyone confirm if this pack meets airline carry-on restrictions?

2. mdman

mdman

Mar 26, 2009
    MD
    I will order one soon, but before that, I want to make sure that all my babies fit in there.

D2hs + 70-200vr attached
    D1h + 17-35 attached
    24-70
    135mm
    50.4mm

14" HP Laptop

Tripod

A few affessories, like sb-800, memory card, extra battery etc.

Thanks for help

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2009
  3. Me too except:

D300 + MB-D10
    Nikon 24-70
    Nikon 70-200
    Nikon 50mm
    Nikon 105mm vr
    SB-800
    Tripod

Still need to know if when loaded it meets the airline carry-on restrictions

4. You should have no problem with carryon. I had my Sequence loaded with D300, MB-D10, 17-55, 70-200, 10.5, 35mm f/2 and a bunch of clothes and other stuff and had no problems going to hawaii. :biggrin:

5. I reposted the one photo of all my gear in the bag. Check the original post. It should answer most your questions regarding storage and what you can fit/can't. I could probably have another lens or two in the bag as well, but I have it setup now for what I currently run with.

6. SpoonFed

SpoonFed

Jul 19, 2008
    Bay Area
    Wow I didn't know that dakine made camera bags. I love their products. Looks like I'm ordering a new bag soon haha!

7. Starsky

Starsky Guest

Now I'm having second thoughts about the Kata R103 I just got! I like the idea of 2 bags in one.

8. wish it wasnt a front loading bag...

9. mdman

mdman

Mar 26, 2009
    MD
    OK.
    I Just got it today and want to show you guys.

D2hs + lens mounted, d1h, 70-200vr, 24-70, and 17-35.
    And also, I can put regular size zoom lens at the very top part.

and also, Im able to put 2 regular size books in front side part.

I think my 14" HP laptop can fit in there instead of 2 books. :biggrin:

111365601.mQJhh4Rw.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

111365599.Ag9oSajU.jpg

111365588.JHbRT92M.jpg

10. scoami

scoami

Mar 5, 2007
    Richardson, TX
    I bought one of these bags a little over a year ago and love it. The folks at Dakine are pretty dang nice, too. After a few e-mail exchanges, they sent enough of their digital camo fabric to make matching covers for my tripod legs (homemade by Mom). I've got a bunch left over, but can't figure out how to use it. I like the fact that the inner bag can be removed.

11. Photo's didn't work for me unless I cut/pasted the URL's into my browser. But it looks great. Glad to see people buying it off of my review!! :) 

12. mdman

mdman

Mar 26, 2009
    MD

My pics didn't work?! :confused: 

anyway, Yes, I just want to say thank you for showing me such nice bag!:biggrin:

13. Nope and they aren't working for me here at work either. Weird.

No problem. If I like a product I make it WELL known :)  I'm debating using it while riding on my motorcycle since it does pad my spine nicely, so if I were to go down on the bike, my back should still be okay. I wouldn't carry all my gear though, most likely just my D2x, 2 lenses and a flash, then pack some clothes in there too for additional protection. I'd want some reflective tape to be added though if I do that.

14. Wow,

Great review and it looks like this bag may work for me as well...:smile:

To those that have had their a while is the bag still holding up nicely? Seems there was a price increase from the $115 price up to the $160 area :frown:....I need to shop around a it more though.

Thanks again :cool: 

15. I have the dakine Mission and its just as great, not as big as this one and perfect for a walk around the city.

16. do you have pics of this one as well? especially of you wearing the bag so we can see the size in relation

17. seiler

seiler

Aug 11, 2008
    Colorado
    I hope to pick this up in the near future.

The Sequence works well if you want to haul everything at once. But something slightly smaller, possibly lighter with less gear would be nice for the lengthy walks and hikes. All my gear gets heavy after a while :biggrin:

Scott

18. You have to rest the weight on your hips. If you do it right, 95% of the weight is on your hips, with your shoulder & chest straps just keeping it on your body. This is very similar to how Firefighters SCBA (Self Contained Breathing Apparatus) work and they weight much more than all my gear loaded in the pack! :) 

19. seiler

seiler

Aug 11, 2008
    Colorado
    I will have to try this. I'll admit, I haven't adjusted the straps since I got the pack. I put the backpack on, and it felt alright to be honest.

For when i do use my camera though, I recently just pulled the photo block out, and used the over-the-shoulder strap. Once spring time actually arrives, and it gets warmer out... I'll most likely put the block back into the bag, and carry the bag around. Especially since I'll probably be out taking pictures more. :biggrin:

Scott

20. LB Jefferies

LB Jefferies

Jan 29, 2006
    I'm intrigued by the smaller size of the Mission. How well does the D3 or D2 size body fit in one? (Trying not to lug everything when I travel)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.