Review DAKINE Sequence Backpack - Photo Review

Noticing a slight rip/tear on the one main strap. This is due to my excessive use I'm sure. I'll try to get it fixed via someone who knows how to sew. Seems like the threading just backed out.
After some 4+ years of usage, that's pretty good. I'm still lusting after this bag, since my collect is growing I think it's time to commit. Found a good deal online so tomorrow is the start of a new billing cycle on the CC. Time to add to cart!

Great to see, 4 year old pics still up in the original post, haha.

Dakine makes solid gear in general, and this is from snowboarding experience and beating up their packs. This one really does look awesome for hauling literally everything at once.

What a sweet bag. I have a Dakine for all my other things, a regular backpack which I got snowboarding years ago and it still works great for everything!
I would no doubt buy another

Just updating this still. 1/6/15 and it's still working great! Some of the zipper pulls have broken. Also, by a fault of my own, some of the fabric ripped where the right side main strap attaches to the body of the bag. My fiance will be sewing that up, though. Still works great. Here's my current configuration:

D7100 w/ 14-24 f/4; D2X with 17-50 f/2.8; 18-200 VR; 80-200 f/2.8; 50 f/1.8:
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I also have my SB600 in a side pocket, a Chromo 160 LED video light in the main rear pocket, a Canon HD camcorder in another, and lots of other misc. gear.

Here are the current Dakine bags from DogFunk:
http://www.dogfunk.com/dakine-camera-bags-and-packs

Yet another update...

D7100 w/ 200-500 f/5.6; D2X with 50 f/1.8; 17-50 f/2.8; 18-200 VR; 80-200 f/2.8; 14-24 f/4; Kenko 1.4x DGX TC:

No room for my 80-200 f/2.8 so it's on the chopping block, lol.

Back on March 24th, 2017 I had to finally accept defeat and issue a warranty. Dakine was great. They had me field destroy the backpack and gave me a promo code for the cost of a new one on their website. I ordered and received the new one, which is here:

Dakine Sequence 33L Photo Backpack | Dakine

Cell phone photo of how I have it setup at the moment. This is holding my D7200 with 16-80, 80-200, 200-500, and SB600:

I may set it up similar to above again, but this is working well for me at the moment.

It is similar, though has some small differences. The padded laptop pocket just fits my 15-inch MacBook Pro. The side pockets and top pocket are similar to the last style. All in all, I love it and am happy to have it, especially considering the Dakine warranty and customer service!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom