Review DAKINE Sequence Backpack - Photo Review

Also wondering ^^^

Before i pull the trigger on this backpack, do you think I can fit the following gear:

-D300 w/grip attached to a 70-200 vr
-sigma 10-20
-18-200vr
-10.5mm fishy
-50 1.8
-1 SB-800
-2 pocket wizards
- misc. chords and remotes.

I compared the dimensions to the lowepro flipside 400 and it seems to be bigger, just not 100% sure.

Also wondering ^^^

Before i pull the trigger on this backpack, do you think I can fit the following gear:

-D300 w/grip attached to a 70-200 vr
-sigma 10-20
-18-200vr
-10.5mm fishy
-50 1.8
-1 SB-800
-2 pocket wizards
- misc. chords and remotes.

I compared the dimensions to the lowepro flipside 400 and it seems to be bigger, just not 100% sure.

Yea you'll have no problem with that. I fit everything in my sig into it, including the laptop.

Here's an update of what I have in the bag (Camera Phone Photo):
477526938_4jogY-XL.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The back side is still the same as on page 1, with some additional gear in there now.

Plenty of space, but how are the zippers?

Here's an update of what I have in the bag (Camera Phone Photo):
477526938_4jogY-XL.jpg

The back side is still the same as on page 1, with some additional gear in there now.

Thanks for that pic! Answers the space questions precisely.

How are the zippers? Do sthey start to stuck?
They sure look fragile. I always had zipper problems after some heavy usage, until I bought one of those Crumpler messenger bags with "nuclear weaopons of mass destruction proof certificate".

Thanks for that pic! Answers the space questions precisely.

How are the zippers? Do sthey start to stuck?
They sure look fragile. I always had zipper problems after some heavy usage, until I bought one of those Crumpler messenger bags with "nuclear weaopons of mass destruction proof certificate".

My zippers are still going strong after 2 years of constantly over cramming way too much stuff inside and letting the zipper hold it all together.

Dakine's quality is top notch

15" Macbook and where to get one?

The strong zippers are important - good to know they are fine.

I am nearly sold:

2 last things, to clear up:

Anyone putting in a 15" Mac savely?

Which online dealer does ship international and has a descent price (I see them from 100 - 145 USD :confused:)?

Dakine does not have a dealer in China (I think, they are making these bags here).

I had something, I remembered - actually, my flight bag is a Dakine and its built is bomb proof (a huge sportsbag style softbag with a hardmolded bottom plate, rolls, detractable grip and lots of zippered departments - undestructible thing).

The strong zippers are important - good to know they are fine.

I am nearly sold:

2 last things, to clear up:

Anyone putting in a 15" Mac savely?

Which online dealer does ship international and has a descent price (I see them from 100 - 145 USD :confused:)?

Dakine does not have a dealer in China (I think, they are making these bags here).

I had something, I remembered - actually, my flight bag is a Dakine and its built is bomb proof (a huge sportsbag style softbag with a hardmolded bottom plate, rolls, detractable grip and lots of zippered departments - undestructible thing).

15" MacBook Pro fits fine in the front pocket, even in a sleeve.

Maybe check ebay for shipping internationally...i bought mine for $ 139 with free shipping.

I have a 15.4" PC that just squeaks in there (VERY tight, but still workable), so anything smaller should fit. I don't really enjoy having it in there as it has basically no padding while in there, and sits on the very back of the pack. So if you plan on doing some RUGGED hiking, biking or something similar, I suggest leaving the laptop at home.

The zippers are definitely okay with me. They have stood up to a lot of abuse. The gray inserts you see in my photo are from my other bag, a Case Logic bag. The ones that came with the DaKine weren't enough for the setup I wanted, but I wasn't trying to be fancy. I just wanted everything to fit and be snug enough that it wouldn't move around while mountain biking, hiking, skiing, general usage, etc.

I have a 15.4" PC that just squeaks in there (VERY tight, but still workable), so anything smaller should fit. I don't really enjoy having it in there as it has basically no padding while in there, and sits on the very back of the pack. So if you plan on doing some RUGGED hiking, biking or something similar, I suggest leaving the laptop at home.

The zippers are definitely okay with me. They have stood up to a lot of abuse. The gray inserts you see in my photo are from my other bag, a Case Logic bag. The ones that came with the DaKine weren't enough for the setup I wanted, but I wasn't trying to be fancy. I just wanted everything to fit and be snug enough that it wouldn't move around while mountain biking, hiking, skiing, general usage, etc.

I bought a neoprene sleeve to put my laptop into for that very reason...im a lot more comfortable with the laptop in the sleeve and then in that back pocket....granted i still wouldn't want to fall back on it.

There is not enough space, to put the laptop into the main compartment first and then the photobag inside?

I would put the laptop in the back pack during flying. I am a throw and abuse bags type and like peace of mind with well packed and protected gear.

Biking with a laptop is out of question - sounds silly, to do. I'd rather prefer some canned oil sardines, fresh bread, olives, italien bacon and water for a break, than a laptop.

I just ordererd mine as well. 2-day shipping, hoping it gets here before Friday!

Last weekend, I had my D700, mb-d10 (un-connected), sb-600 and small accessories (cords and such) in a small old camcorder shoulder strap bag.

Then, I had my 24-70 and my 14-24 in their respective cases, in the backpack I take to work, with my d90 and 50 1.8 loose, moving around. I'm done. I can't wait to receive this. Looking forward to having organization when it comes to my gear.

Scott

I have a closer look at some longer lenses, as my 70-200 is a bit short on FX.
Does the Sequence hold a gripped D300/ D3 with 70-200 attached + lensehood + 300 f2.8 or 200-400?

Does the bag a good job with really heavy overload of ~25kg (stitches, shape, shoulder belts,...)?

I got mine today. Man this thing is nice.

481400394_dv8Yt-L.jpg

Holds up to Dakine Quality. Very stiff as well. It will probably take some time to break it in. Very happy with my purchase.

Scott

1) Does a 200-400 f4 fit inside as a second glass without body attached?

2) Where can I get a good deal for a black only version of this pack now (international shipping and payment via Visa is mandatory).

3) Anybody know a place in China/ mainland, to buy it at a reasonable price?

great review, bought the bag recently, it comes closest of all the bags i have owned to meeting my needs. thanks for the write up

Latest threads

Top Bottom