Damn you guys......

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hyper-Performance, Apr 13, 2007.

1. Hyper-Performance

Hyper-Performance

Apr 11, 2007
    SW Ohio, USA
    Dave
    This is all I need, another fine place to spend hours searching for information I desperately need only to find either what I need or someone that can help me figure out what to do - without any pompous chest beating.

Of all the places I have attempted to frequent in the Photography on-line world, this one feels the most like home. Thanks to everyone that made it the way it is, I hope I can one day have enough knowledge to be able to pay-forward the efforts to the next wave. (or at least impart a little comedic relief along the way).

I am amazed at the quality of photographs each of you display, I am humbled to think I can associate myself with you true professionals.

Thanks again for opening your doors and allowing me another path towards self challenge and equipment lust.

2. welcome aboard Dave

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Welcome Dave
    I bet you have some super shots to share:>)))

4. Welcome to you

Welcome to the cafe from someone just like you. It is the greatest and most friendly place on the net.

5. Welcome, Just a heads up, Stay away from models in thongs:biggrin: Share lots, share often...

6. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    Yep, we're a real cursed bunch!!! :smile: :biggrin:

7. JMartin

JMartin Guest

Welcome aboard, Dave!

Where ya from in SW Ohio? I am originally from Dayton and spent a lot of time in Cincy, as my best friend went to UC.

8. Hyper-Performance

Hyper-Performance

Apr 11, 2007
    SW Ohio, USA
    Dave
    I currently live west of Hamilton near Oxford, grew up in Cincinnati. Did my undergrad work at UC (took photography as an elective - professor was a real tool!)

9. LizBug

LizBug

Mar 3, 2006
    Atco,NJ
    welcome!

10. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Dave :

Welcome to the Café !

Looking at your galleries, I think you'll have a lot to offer the Café with your auto photography, and I also liked the Maunday shots of the Last Supper.

I'll look forward to your posts and photos.

John P.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2007
  11. vettenut

vettenut

Feb 27, 2006
    Tolland CT
    Welcome Dave, All I can say is the folks here are great and we all have suggestions on how to spend your money or make your credit card company happy:biggrin: . I know this place has cost me more than a few $$$$. - Jeff

12. cknight

cknight

May 2, 2005
    Madison, AL
    Be careful around here. We're enablers.:biggrin:

13. Sharon

Sharon

Feb 18, 2006
    Welcome, Dave! I have to agree, this is the best and most friendly place I've found. Share some photos and if you have time, join in the collective shoot posted in the Miscellany Forum.

I was in Cincy a couple weeks ago visiting with my parents. It's a great town!

14. Rob G

Rob G

Jun 19, 2007
    Dayton, Ohio
    Rob G went to UC

Hey there, I went to UC for a couple years. Couldn't quite handle the math in the engineering program. Oh well, nice to meet you. I currently live in Dayton. Hope to see you around!

-Rob G.

15. Welcome home Dave, welcome home.:biggrin:

16. bett

bett

Mar 31, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Amen!

Me too. I know since i been hangin' around here, I've been inspired to
    try to crank it up a notch.

Indeed a wonderful group!