Damselflies...

Discussion in 'Birds' started by JPS, Jul 26, 2005.

1. Fuji S2 with Tamron SP90 - 1:125 @ f/11 handheld, with SB-80DX (via a SC-17 cord) also held by hand ! What a gymnastic i had to do :roll: !

original.

Pity though that i couldn't get more DOF, because at 1:1, on the following pic, wich is FULL FRAME, not cropped at all, i had to choose
    weather i should focus on the body OR on the eye, as with f/11 i couldn't get both sharp !

original.

Cheers,
    Jean-Pierre

2. The second one is outstanding - I am green with envy!

3. Brew

Brew Guest

Yes they are outstanding but like you said to bad you couldn't get his eye in field for the last one..

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Excellent shots Jean-Pierre. Maybe go to f18 next time, unless there just isn't enough light. The shallow DOF is tough to deal with I'm finding out.

5. Ibn

Ibn

Jun 28, 2005
    San Jose, CA
    Wow, excellent shots. If that eye was in focus, in the second shot, it would be perfect.

6. Wow that's nice, the second one is so sharp.

7. Nice Jean-Pierre, little jewels of the swamp!

Martin

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beautiful.....
    I like the first one :>))
    I can see the whole thng.......

9. Wow, these are so sharp you could get cut with them. Excellent images, the second is my favorite.

10. Beautiful shots.

11. That lens is just amazing! Great captures!!

12. I guess i will have to "cheat".. that is, i will try to shoot twice: once focussing on the eye, and another pic, focussing on the body, then, the usual "copy/paste" stuff ! Would that be fair :wink: ?
    Cheers,
    J-P.

13. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Absolutely fair Jean-Pierre. How is it fair to use a black box with complex optics and an electro-mechanical shutter and 1GB flash memory cards to capture images in the first place? Why is one pristine, but two is cheating? 8)

Whatever it takes to get the best representation of your vision of the subject is fair. :wink:

14. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    Very good, I know what you mean about DOF. Thats the whole trick in Macro,very difficult for me. I usually am too excited to set up a tripod so im rocking back & forth with the DOF moving in & out.

I bracket the f stop and shoot more than I think I need.