Damselflies

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Dave Dickerson, Jul 15, 2007.

1. These are all from the woods and riverbank behind my house

original.

original.

original.

original.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2007
  2. SSchex

SSchex

May 18, 2005
    Louisiana, USA
    Great images Dave. 200 mm micro?

3. _Jorge_

_Jorge_

Jul 3, 2007
    Thailand
    Dave,

Great series, very good shots! very well done. Love that color rendition and the bokeh. Thanks for sharing these.

4. Very well done.

Alex

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Excellent shots

6. super images Dave! Those can be a lot of fun to shoot. You sure had nice light

7. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Excellent work Dave. Beautiful captures. Imagine having your own damsels in the backyard so to speak. They look different from our damsels.

8. Thanks Scott, Jorge, Alex, Gale, Dave and Torben.

Scott, you're right, these were with the 200 micro, which has really gotten to be a favorite.

Torben, I feel very lucky to live where I do. My wife and I found this little piece of land several years ago, and living here has been one of the great joys of my life.

I could pack a few on dry ice and ship them to you if you'll do the same with some of your lovely damsels. How expensive could it be? :wink: Better yet, maybe we can get together to shoot one day.

9. Beautiful captures, Dave. Very good work. Did you crop these images, or are they full frame? #1 and #2 are my favorites. Nice contrast and color.

10. Thanks, Tom. All are cropped at least a little. #2 is the most substantial crop but still includes about 60% of the original frame.

11. I like the composition in the third one, the way the damsel is looking at me :)

12. Thanks, Victor. He was finishing a meal and eying me as if I might be the next. :eek:

13. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark

That would be a lot of fun. My last visit to Virginia was almost seven years ago. I didn't think of shooting dragon- and damselflies at that time. My visit was dog related. A beautiful State that I would love to visit again.

14. Top notch, Dave. Looks like you're getting some excellent results with that lens.

You're making me regret even more missing that 200 micro Dave Watts offered recently.

15. Thanks, Jim. It's a sweet lens. Maybe another will turn up soon.

16. joepilot

joepilot

Mar 21, 2007
    Richmond Va.
    Dave those are very nice shots , but I think # 3 is smiling and winking at you

17. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    That is some fine work Dave!

18. Thanks, Joe and Andy.

19. Dave,

These are terrific!! The 200 micro is the best of the micro Nikkors; (and yes, I did trade mine for a 17-55, pending approval). :biggrin: My lens spent a year in my bag, unused. :eek:Overall, I still prefer my 70-180 and I can hand hold it for some of my shots. I am really looking forward to more images from your 200 micro. Kudos to you!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

20. Thanks Crystall. I've never used the 70-180, but by all accounts it's one fine lens and offers some flexibility compared to the 200.