Dancing Granddaughter

Discussion in 'Formal Portraits and Weddings' started by NaptownSailor, Jul 17, 2017.

1. D800, Nikkor 85/1.4D. Natural light around 10.30AM. Mother is a ballerina. Child is 13 mos and had her hand in her mouth or her finger in her ear for 2/3 of the 350+ shots.

i-psb4QBf-L.

i-tK4J4zF-L.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Thanks. I brought an Einstein flash + PLM setup and a huge reflector/diffuser but we ended up using mostly natural light. Thought of it more as a fun time with my granddaughter rather than a formal shoot, given the challenges of wrangling a 13 mo old. We did more formal poses but realistically this was practice for when she gets older.

3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator Administrator

Feb 25, 2017
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Amin
    So precious!

4. The colors are awesome too! That second shot is truly precious!

5. Thanks Amin and Nick. The site is a wedding venue and the rose petals were leftovers on the lawn from a wedding the day before. I wish I had though of it myself, but we improvised with them. Technically there are some hotspots in the highlights but they aren't actually blown when I PP'd. We decided to just have fun and not try to chase perfection. If she thinks this is fun with grandpa instead of work, the fun shots might continue through homecoming and prom etc.

i-RXHvNC6-L.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator Administrator

Feb 25, 2017
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Amin
    So sweet, what beautiful smiles!

7. Thanks Jim. At least she doesn't charge me a fee to take her picture (yet). Her mom has done some TV show roles and indie movies, and granddaughter has done some commercial and dance roles (playing "the baby" of course. :D

8. I am guessing that you will not ever forget this session Jacques Louis!

Wnderful, delighting and I am sure very personal to you.

• Like Like x 1
  9. It just doesn't get any better than that.
    Great captures.