Dancing on air

Watching these guys fly is just about the next best thing to flying yourself. They are so graceful.

Taken with the D2H / 300mm f2.8 + TC-20EII.

Twinkle Toes:
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Joe Cool: 8)
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks for looking.

Twinkle toes and Joe Cool

THATS JUST TO FUNNY !!!!!

Great shots Frank.

Talked to Harry :>)) Think he going to call ya.

Great news for St Augustine :>))))

They look like they're floating!

Very cool shots Frank. I have a shot of a pair of Mallards that are doing something very similar. I'll get it posted soon.

J

jkamphof

That's really cool. The first one really looks as if he is doing a twinkle toes. ;)

Joel.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words. I definitely plan to go back to this place when I get back from Merritt, and I think that Greg and Patrick are going this Saturday. If the weather cooperates, they should get some awesome shots.

Thanks again.

First off, you obviously need a longer lens. THat 300mm just doesn't cut it. Come on, break loose with some dough and go for the "big stuff" :wink:

Second off, EVERYBODY knows you can't get a decently sharp shot using a TC-20E 2x for crying out loud. Can't you see this from these images :?: :?: :?: :wink: :wink: I mean, since EVERYBODY know this, how the heck can these be sharp, eh?

Third off, really cool, they remind me a lot of the take-offs and landings we are seeing at our local Kenmore heronry. Notice that I did NOT say Rookery. I was corrected regarding this by the naturalist that was with us on the Puffin excursion last Saturday. "Rookery" more properly refers to the nesting area of the bird called a "Rook" and we should refer to others per the correct species, hence "heronry" for the "herons".

So, in conclusion, a bit of eductaion along with a hearty Hi-Ho for another great set of pictures.

Good job, Frank, but you really do need a 500mm lens..... :lol:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom