Dancing on air

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Flew, May 23, 2005.

1. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Watching these guys fly is just about the next best thing to flying yourself. They are so graceful.

Taken with the D2H / 300mm f2.8 + TC-20EII.

Twinkle Toes:
    [​IMG]

Joe Cool: 8)
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking.

2. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Love these shots!

Gaye

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Twinkle toes and Joe Cool

THATS JUST TO FUNNY !!!!!

Great shots Frank.

Talked to Harry :>)) Think he going to call ya.

Great news for St Augustine :>))))

4. Wonderful captures Frank!! :D :D :D

5. Oh yes. Those are just awesome! Funny subtitles, too. :lol::lol:

6. Awesome Frank, very nice shots. I can tell you will be to this place on a nice light day

7. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    They look like they're floating!

Very cool shots Frank. I have a shot of a pair of Mallards that are doing something very similar. I'll get it posted soon.

8. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Very well done, Frank! Like the subtitles!

9. jkamphof

jkamphof Guest

That's really cool. The first one really looks as if he is doing a twinkle toes. ;)

Joel.

10. Nice poses Frank, well done.

Martin

11. Oh, I love these! Fantastic shots! We have a lone Blue Heron here and every time I see him flying I try to capture him, but haven't been as successful as I'd like.... yet.

12. Great images.
    GBHs are such elegant birds. There is a certain majesty they display.

Russ

13. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks to everyone for the kind words. I definitely plan to go back to this place when I get back from Merritt, and I think that Greg and Patrick are going this Saturday. If the weather cooperates, they should get some awesome shots.

Thanks again.

14. First off, you obviously need a longer lens. THat 300mm just doesn't cut it. Come on, break loose with some dough and go for the "big stuff" :wink:

Second off, EVERYBODY knows you can't get a decently sharp shot using a TC-20E 2x for crying out loud. Can't you see this from these images :?: :?: :?: :wink: :wink: I mean, since EVERYBODY know this, how the heck can these be sharp, eh?

Third off, really cool, they remind me a lot of the take-offs and landings we are seeing at our local Kenmore heronry. Notice that I did NOT say Rookery. I was corrected regarding this by the naturalist that was with us on the Puffin excursion last Saturday. "Rookery" more properly refers to the nesting area of the bird called a "Rook" and we should refer to others per the correct species, hence "heronry" for the "herons".

So, in conclusion, a bit of eductaion along with a hearty Hi-Ho for another great set of pictures.

Good job, Frank, but you really do need a 500mm lens..... :lol:

15. What a ballet Frank. The #2 is simply graceful. I like it a lot my friend. The captions are funny too. :D

16. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Hey Frank,

Outstanding captures. You are beginning to get the hang of these flight shots. :lol: