Dancing with the Clouds [Warning: 9 colorful images]

After three weeks of heavy rainfall we got the nice weather on Sunday and I took the opportunity to go out and snap some shots.
I was a half hour late getting there, as a result I missed the magical moment. I still did some shooting and brought these.
For the next time: “Be there early and bring a 3 stop ND grade filter”
Until now that’s all I have got to share......

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

And the rest are here:
http://lenscapephoto.smugmug.com/gallery/548192
Your comments are appreciated.
Thanks

Really enjoyed your efoorts

They're really beautiful, even if you didn't get there at the right time, or have the N grad w/you. At least you HAVE this kind of scenery to work with. I have............cornfields :(
Say, could you put youR real 1st name in your sig? Don't know what to call you! :?

Wow Shahed - Gorgeous shots!

Regarding the Graduated ND filter -- if you're shooting with a tripod, try taking multiple shots with different exposures for highlights and shadows, then combine in your favorite photo processing software. It gives you a little more control over the final product than a filter, but of course requires a bit more processing work as well.

Either way, you did a wonderful job with these!

Thanks for posting...

DavidM said:
Wow Shahed - Gorgeous shots!

Regarding the Graduated ND filter -- if you're shooting with a tripod, try taking multiple shots with different exposures for highlights and shadows, then combine in your favorite photo processing software. It gives you a little more control over the final product than a filter, but of course requires a bit more processing work as well.

Either way, you did a wonderful job with these!

Thanks for posting...
Thanks for your advice and comment David. I have used tripod, CPol and 1 stop ND grade filter but I found the dynamic range were so wide I needed to stop more.
I also tried shooting with different expose to blend them later. There were two problems:
1. The clouds were moving so I couldn’t get an identical shot.
2. When I blend them is PSCS2 using HDR, I didn't like the result.
So my conclusion was to get one right expose with more stop.
I end up under exposing those shots and fixed them at post-processing to save from blown sky.
Thanks

Shahed,

Yes, I would be pretty annoyed if I had missed the "magic moment" and only got those, NOT!!! Man, these are fantastic, colors, composition, clarity, you name it. I wish I could take just one like that, even without the "light"... sheeeesh! ;-)

Shahed, your images are beautiful...I'll trade you the Sears Tower and the John Handcock Building for one of those gorgeous mountains!!! :shock:

Jez

Well if that's what happens on a bad day, I can't wait to see some "proper" ones!

Simply stunning - thank you for sharing. :D

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom