Danger alert!

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Yvette, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Yvette

Yvette

Jan 3, 2007
    Texas
    Well this was very exciting for me. Yesterday we witnessed two Canadian Geese fighting and I was shocked at the extent of the violence. They both came away obviously very sore from the bites. At one point I thought they were going to drown eachother. But then another came along - probably the wife/mother and was shouting profusely at them. They seemed to listen to her and gave up and went thier seperate ways. But they shouted for quite a while afterwards. I think someone definately got thier feathers ruffled. :biggrin:
    Sorry for the number of pictures but I just wanted to share as many shots as I could.

On the lookout.
    mothergoose.

The chase is on.
    View attachment 92139

The fight is on.
    View attachment 92140

View attachment 92141

View attachment 92142

View attachment 92143

View attachment 92144

View attachment 92145

Telling them off.
    View attachment 92146

The first one goes his own way.
    View attachment 92147

The second one goes his own way.
    View attachment 92148

2. wbeem

wbeem

Feb 11, 2007
    Sanford, FL
    William Beem
    Nature is violent.

3. Spectacular!

4. Yvette

Yvette

Jan 3, 2007
    Texas
    Yes it is Bill. Very sad fact of life.

5. Yvette

Yvette

Jan 3, 2007
    Texas
    Thank you Daniel. Thanks for looking and I am glad you liked them.

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wow girl you are on a roll
    Great series

You should see the babies fight. And they mean business. They will kill each other.

Look at my Limpkin gallery. Baby fight in there

7. Yvette

Yvette

Jan 3, 2007
    Texas
    Wow. Those were great shots Gale. I really thought these two geese were going to kill eachother. They really meant business. I literally took pictures of birds all day yesterday from the time I got up until my husband started complaining that I needed to spend some time with him in front of the tv. Even then I couldn't pull myself away becasue I had to download them and see how they all turned out.:biggrin:

8. WOW! I can almost feel the tension! Great action and wonderful capture! Keep em comin!

9. Yvette

Yvette

Jan 3, 2007
    Texas
    Thanks Dianne. It was pretty tense. I was actually wishing there was someway I could have distracted them but they were too far out. Besides, I knew I should just let them be.

10. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Great shots. Hopefully none of them got hurt. You must have felt the blood pumping when you shot these.

11. Yvette

Yvette

Jan 3, 2007
    Texas
    Thanks Torben. Yes I was pretty excited. Thank heavens for the VR because I know I was shaking.

12. nipprdog

nipprdog

Jun 8, 2006
    IN
    Great series, Yvette.

speaking of shaking........ while fishing a pond a few years back, I mistakingly got my boat to close to a nest. the adult on the nest charged across the top of the water after me(kind of looked like pic #2). I couldn't out run him with the electric motor, though. :eek:

he then left the water and flew at me :eek: :eek:

he hovered over me(about 7 or 8 feet), squawking, and flapping his wings. :eek: :eek: :eek:

after what seemed like an eternity, he went back to the nest. I stayed away from that part of the pond for the rest of that year. :biggrin:

13. These are terrific action shots! A great series.

14. Yvette

Yvette

Jan 3, 2007
    Texas
    That is scary stuff Jim. I think I would have stayed away too. I have often seen videos of Geese attacking people but never really realized how much they mean business until I saw this fight. They can be very mean. Thanks for looking.

15. Yvette

Yvette

Jan 3, 2007
    Texas
    Thanks Sandi. Glad you enjoyed them.