Danger! Very sharp points...approach with caution!

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by CrystallP, Sep 5, 2005.

1. Hi All,

Careful, don't get too close to this one... :biggrin:

[​IMG]

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Boy Crystall,

That is one "sharp" image :>)))

Good shot

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2005
  3. Do you think it is too sharp?? LOL :biggrin:

4. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Crystall,

That is terribly sharp! Any idea what kind of plant that is? (btw, well taken shot...I don't think I would have know where to have started on that one!!!)

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Crystall only toooo sharp if you use a macro and trip :>)))

ouchhhhhhhhhhhh...

6. Hi Leigh,

I have a terrible habit of not writing down the species names as I wander around conservatories and gardens. All I can tell you is that it is a cactus. I hope to visit the Conservatory in a few weeks. I promise to record all species names next time! :biggrin:

7. Yep, I was having much too much fun yesterday. I framed this image to capture the afternoon light and the very very sharp points of the cactus. I also processed this one in PSCS. I usually do all of my processing in Nikon Capture but the shadow slider came in handy in the Adobe Camera Raw dialog box.

8. Yes they are (sharp I mean). Not something I would want in my yard.

9. Agreed!

10. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

You know what you could do instead of writing the names down. Take a picture of the sign :smile:

11. Sometimes I remember to do that, however the signage in this conservatory is obscured by the flora. My sherpa err, my husband :biggrin: usually records the names of the plants assisted by my junior sherpa, my eight year old son. :biggrin: