Danger! Very sharp points...approach with caution!

Hi All,

Careful, don't get too close to this one... :biggrin:

48775955._DSC0232.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Boy Crystall,

That is one "sharp" image :>)))

Good shot

Last edited by a moderator:
Crystall,

That is terribly sharp! Any idea what kind of plant that is? (btw, well taken shot...I don't think I would have know where to have started on that one!!!)

Leigh said:
Crystall,

That is terribly sharp! Any idea what kind of plant that is? (btw, well taken shot...I don't think I would have know where to have started on that one!!!)

Hi Leigh,

I have a terrible habit of not writing down the species names as I wander around conservatories and gardens. All I can tell you is that it is a cactus. I hope to visit the Conservatory in a few weeks. I promise to record all species names next time! :biggrin:

Gale said:
Crystall only toooo sharp if you use a macro and trip :>)))

ouchhhhhhhhhhhh...

Yep, I was having much too much fun yesterday. I framed this image to capture the afternoon light and the very very sharp points of the cactus. I also processed this one in PSCS. I usually do all of my processing in Nikon Capture but the shadow slider came in handy in the Adobe Camera Raw dialog box.

D

dbirdsong

CrystallP said:
Hi Leigh,

I have a terrible habit of not writing down the species names as I wander around conservatories and gardens. All I can tell you is that it is a cactus. I hope to visit the Conservatory in a few weeks. I promise to record all species names next time! :biggrin:

You know what you could do instead of writing the names down. Take a picture of the sign :smile:

dbirdsong said:
You know what you could do instead of writing the names down. Take a picture of the sign :smile:

Sometimes I remember to do that, however the signage in this conservatory is obscured by the flora. My sherpa err, my husband :biggrin: usually records the names of the plants assisted by my junior sherpa, my eight year old son. :biggrin:

Latest threads

Top Bottom