Dangerous encounter

I just returned from my local dealership - they currently run an in-house trade fair, with all the major manufacturers being present.

I spent most of the time at the Nikon booth to try some glass - very dangerous:

1. 70-200/2.8 AFS VR - I was sufficiently impressed :wink: : wide open 200mm@1/80s w/VR and still nearly perfectly sharp (see below for why nearly). Makes me think really hard about replacing my 80-200/2.8 next year or so.

2. 17-55/2.8 AFS. Very nice, if hefty lens. Certainly better IQ than my 20-35/2.8+35-70/2.8 combo. Made to impress the tactile types of us - it feels very solid & well made. Might be a GO if I decide to get a lens in that range in the future.

3. The really dangerous part, however, was trying the 105/2 DC - this lens just cries out "SHOOT ME WIDE OPEN" loudly! After downloading the images (shot at f/2), they nearly cut my MacBooc in half.:eek: This lens certainly just made a jump to the top region of my lust list :Love:

I didn't try The Beast - I know, certainly a mistake :actions1: , but I had to leave before it got just too dangerous.

Fortunately, I currently have another lens on order - so I wasn't really in danger of becoming week.:wink:

Best regards,

Nothing brave here - maybe a touch of masochism? And fortunately, when it comes to such items, I'm not the impulsive kind of shopper. I even didn't manage to come onto the D200 waiting list before December 31, 2005.

Hard to imagine what damage can be done by stopping down the 105/2 if then it gets even sharper...

okay - here are a couple of snaps I took with the 105.

95435726-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

95428513-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

WOW!! The first image looks almost 3D. It looks like you could reach out and touch their faces. LOL, the lens lust never ends does it?

N

Nuteshack

o no, another 105 jab ...this is "the one" i'm longing for .....;-)))

N

Nuteshack

the 105 reminds me of a choked down turbo charged 180...;-)))

Latest threads

Top Bottom