Dark and Cold

Interesting look to images in lower light with the heavy overcast "softbox."

D6M_5353-XL.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

D6M_5428-XL.jpg

D6M_5444-XL.jpg

D6M_5382-XL.jpg

D6M_5390-XL.jpg

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Nice subjects. But I don't understand your shutter speeds. The D6 can certainly handle much, much higher ISO's. Only #3 seems tack sharp.....

Real Name
Randy
Sharpness looks ok on my phone but exposure looks low, maybe bump EV a little or just do it in PP since the D6 at those ISOs can handle a lot of positive EV and not show noise where the shadows where

Nice subjects. But I don't understand your shutter speeds. The D6 can certainly handle much, much higher ISO's. Only #3 seems tack sharp.....

Thanks for the critique. I try to not let the ISO bleed too high, as I am not yet comfortable using DxO. Seems a steep learning curve, but I'll learn. The light was really gloomy. I know tack sharp is all it's about for birds, but I kinda like the pastel look to the Chickadee, etc. Just playing around.

Sharpness looks ok on my phone but exposure looks low, maybe bump EV a little or just do it in PP since the D6 at those ISOs can handle a lot of positive EV and not show noise where the shadows where

Thanks Randy. I have been playing with up to +1.0 positive EV with backlit backgrounds and snow. Also with shadows and exposure values in Lightroom. Again, it was very gray and gloomy. The dynamic range of these sensors is impressive to me, and how much can be recovered with processing. I just have to get better.

Latest threads

Top Bottom