Darktable vs lightroom

Im always looking for ways to ditch windows completely and its only really lightroom thats keeping me using it at present. I recently noticed an article about an update to Darktable on Linux thats got me interested and im going to have a play around with it later but as Ive never used it before, im wondering if any members here have any experience with it and have any comparisons to lightroom?

Is it a viable alternative or does it have a long way to go?

Diggedy,
I took a look at this and I'm pretty impressed with what I read.........

When I get a bit of time I'm going to install this on my Mac and give it a try.

Cabin

Corel Aftershot runs on Linux. It used to be Nibble and was popular long before Light room.

Ill have to give that a go. I updated my linux install last night and had a quick go. It seems good, not as simple as lightroom but theres good potential there. Its good to have these options available with the way adobes heading with their licensing...

I am comfortable with Linux and often think the same as you but there is always too much that I need Windows for.
Pete

I am comfortable with Linux and often think the same as you but there is always too much that I need Windows for.
Pete

Buy a mac for photowork.

Partition it for the windows aps you can not live without. Windows will run fine on a Mac.

Latest threads

Top Bottom