Dartfrogs

Hi all not posted for a while..these are some recent shots taken with my tamron 90mm..these frogs are tiny...about as big as your thumbnail!
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

think this one was taking a leak!

Thanks Gary..not the easiest to shoot as they hide down the middle of bromeliad plants..

Very nice images! Stuart, are these captive? Have they lost their toxins? I was photographing a strawberry poison dart frog in the wild, and thought nothing of grabbing it with my hand, and placing it where I wanted it. It was steamy hot in a Costa Rican rain forest. I wiped the sweat off my face with my hand, and all of the sudden, I realized that my lips were numb. After that experience, I always used an empty film container to move poison dart frogs I wanted to photograph, and avoided touching them with my hands. Of course, when I finished photographing them, I replaced them in the exact location where I first found them.

Hi Stve and thanks for the reply..the toxins they secrete through their skins are down to their diet,in the wild this is mainly ants and a lot of their toxicity comes from these..in captivity they are mainly fed on on fruit flies crickets etc so no toxins are produced..

My my
they are tiny
So I take it, from your relpy to Steve, you raise these also.
Beautiful images.
Thank you
I like these much better than the long wiggly ones:>))

Beautiful job, colors are amazing
Thankyou very much..
Cheers Gale,I don't raise these as they belong to a friend of mine..he keeps quite a few! I am in the process of setting up a tank for some that I plan on getting very soon:smile:

Stuart, I wish you were closer! I'd love the chance to photograph some of your and your friends critters!

Well if your ever in the UK drop me a pm..:cool: Frogs.rattlesnakes,gila monsters to name a few that you could shoot.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom