Dashboard widget - depth of field calculator

D

dbirdsong

I just grabbed it and I can't get it to do anything for me..
Is it working right on your Mac Phil?

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
Dave, it works for me. Click on the 'i' & select 'Nikon Dx' format. Then back to the front, type in the focal length, select the f stop, type in the distance in the 'focus' field, click on the ruler window and you can see the 'nf' and 'ff' value.

Well I downloaded the widget to my mac and nothing. You can go to the back but nothing is selectable.. That is to bad, I will have to try it on my work system on Monday

Thanks
Ron

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
Weird. It works for me but both Dave & Ron are experiencing problems. Any one else has tried it?

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
Sorry guys for posting something that doesn't work for you. But I still don't get it. I just tried again and it worked perfectly on the G4 iMac. I am using OS X 10.4.2, and the DOF calculator version is 1.3.1

Ok, so I downloaded it on to my wife's laptop and it worked fine. But I noticed that the first think I did after installation is hit some number like 22 then everything worked. So I went back to my system (where it did not work) and reinstalled it by double clicking it. The system came up asked me if I wanted to keep it, i said yes. Next I typed in 22, and bam! everything worked. With a little luck it will work for you. Don't know why but it does now work.

Ron Strobel

That seems to fix it. Whoever wrote it isn't initializing that field, and didn't design it to work well when that field is empty.

strobel said:
Ok, so I downloaded it on to my wife's laptop and it worked fine. But I noticed that the first think I did after installation is hit some number like 22 then everything worked. So I went back to my system (where it did not work) and reinstalled it by double clicking it. The system came up asked me if I wanted to keep it, i said yes. Next I typed in 22, and bam! everything worked. With a little luck it will work for you. Don't know why but it does now work.

Ron Strobel

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
Thanks Ron for sorting it our. Now in retrospect, I believed I typed in some numbers when I first started it.

Hope you find it useful.

Latest threads

Top Bottom