Daughter in Flowers

Discussion in 'People' started by rustyfingers, May 4, 2007.

1. I kinda like this but something about it isn't right. Any help is appreciated.

[​IMG]

2. It appears that it would make a killer image. It's just that the vignette is too tight around the subject for me.

3. Did you burn it in Photoshop? If you did it might be overdone.

4. Thanks for the comments. I'm gonna' move this over to the clinic and post the NEF.

Thanks again
    DEnnis

5. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Other than her just not sure whether or not she wants to smile...I think the whole pictures is very well done. Good job!!

6. OH MY GAWD! I don't know you or your daughter, but I'd hang that shot in my home... It's glorious, captivating, honest... It touches my heart.

WHAT could you possibly not love about this?

7. I agree with Woody. Nice work and should be hung.

8. MurphyD

MurphyD

Jan 17, 2007
    South Texas
    Woody, I'm glad you feel comfortable enough to tell us how your really feel.

Dennis, this is a picture that you will treasure. This is the one you will look at before walking out the door to drive to her wedding.
    David

9. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

agree with Woody but maybe just a little deepening of value in her face. Seems a bit too bright here.

10. Raul_T

Raul_T

Apr 29, 2007
    DFW, Texas
    I'm with Roy, I don't believe the photo is in need of vignette as the field of flowers make a great BG. It's definitely a keeper!!!

11. Ghunger

Ghunger

Apr 2, 2007
    Seattle, WA
    She has one of those Mona Lisa smiles. Is she smiling? or not? :) Great pic.

12. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    You would be better off to post in the retouching forum

13. This is a delighful image of a beautiful young lady. I feel a lot like Woody, print it and hang it up. Since you asked for some input I did play around with the image a little just to see what a few minor adjustments would do. First I went to levels and moved the right slider in until it contacted the data in your histogram. I then went to Brightness/Contrast and adjusted the contrast to +8 and brightness to -7. I then increased the saturation a little and lastly I sharpened it a little.

Tweaked version:

original.

Your original for comparison:

[​IMG]

Now the question to you is whether this is more to your liking. The original has a certain fragileness to it that is appealing. The light skin color and the more subtle colors give a sense of vulnerability to this lovely young girl. In the tweaked version she looks more confident and healthy IMHO. The choice is yours.

14. WOW ! Thanks to everyone for your kind comments and suggestions. Thanks also to GreyFlash, your version DEFINATELY looks way better.

I'll post the NEF in the clinic shortly if anyone want's to play with the original.

DEnnis

PM sent to Gordon about posting in the clinic.

15. Dennis.......... this is a beautiful photograph............. in every way.

Innocence personified. Looking at Gordon's reworking and yours......... I prefer your original posted image........... saying that though, Gordon's version is also cool.

It's just that, for me, i feel the whole concept of the image............ suits your version better..............

Subtle and full of wonderment.

Exceptional work. :eek: :eek: :eek:

G