Daughter shot

I took this shot of my daughter with 17-55 DX lens and SB800. She was shaded on the balcony of our hotel room hense the bright background. I've softend it a tad and patched out the flare from the flash.

Comment always welcome

original.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Your daughter is beautiful and so is your image. There are a couple of specular highlights on her mouth (one in corner and one a little further in) that I would remove, other than that it is just super.

Thanks Gordon.

There is also some on her lips and I was wondering whether these should also be removed.

greyflash said:
Your daughter is beautiful and so is your image. There are a couple of specular highlights on her mouth (one in corner and one a little further in) that I would remove, other than that it is just super.

Real Name
Chris
Pete Lethbridge said:
There is also some on her lips and I was wondering whether these should also be removed.
No! The ones on her lip make them look round and wet. Uhh... girls like to have that look. :rolleyes:

The dot in the corner of her mouth makes it look like she has drool issues.

Really nice shot by the way - I'll bet she likes it.

Beautiful portrait, Pete. The others have offered a few tips on how to refine the image, but the image is very nice. Your daughter is a very lovely young lady.

Very nice

She's what, all of 14? Looks like she's hitting the gloss pretty hard, but that's all part of their coming of age. Jees, kids grow up so fast, don't they. Lovely shot, like her pensive downward gaze, and the light softening worked very well here. As the others have said, take of the "splittle" specular highlights at the corner of mouth, and the one between her lips too, and might as well do the one at the corner of her right eye while you're at it! :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Did she told you why she didn't like it? I have a female friend who hates every photo taken of her. Even she looks beautifull on pictures. But it is a great shot and the advice given is also where i can agree in.

Greetings,
VinceBeus

Latest threads

Top Bottom