Daughter's batting practice

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by rwatts, Apr 30, 2005.

1. rwatts

rwatts

Apr 30, 2005
    Georgia, USA
    Youngest daughter batting practice just before tournament.
    14u Slowpitch Softball - Travel Team

I'm just trying to learn all this fancy new photo gear...

[​IMG]

2. NICE shot Rick. Your daughter looks very athletic.........and she looks like she wants to knock the cover off the ball!!! :) :)

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very well done. You already do a great job :>))

Swing batter !!!!!

4. That's not the first time your daughter has been up to bat. Nice stance and good athletic build.

5. rwatts

rwatts

Apr 30, 2005
    Georgia, USA
    Thanks All!

Only second season of softball for my daughter. To make up for it, she's getting up at 5am and doing strenght training and exercises. She'll be really happy to hear these comments.

Compared to the rest of the team, she still has a way to go. But, I'm impressed with her dedication.

6. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Wow, that girl's got some GUNS!

Good shot, bet it's fun watching AND shooting!

7. rwatts

rwatts

Apr 30, 2005
    Georgia, USA
    Re: Wow, that girl's got some GUNS!

Hi Steve,

Yes, it's great fun. The main reason for getting this photo equipment. If it weren't for the fast action, a P&S camera would probably work just fine. But, I like to shoot my daughter's activities as well as support the kids High School.

Tried my had at shooting basketball. Now that's a difficult thing to do. Terrible lighting, fast action, and you rarely have the right lenght of lens. Wish they made a 50-125 F2.0 lens!!!