Daughter's Portrait

A few weeks ago my daughter wanted some 'glamor' shots made. Both of these were shot using the D300 and the 50mm D wide open (f/1.4). PP was done in Lightroom with some additional softening in Paintshop. Lighting was a window behind her and a silver reflector held about as close as I could get it. Her and her Mom get the brunt of my lighting practice :smile:

p651379688-4.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

p857341642-3.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I really like the way the lighting looks. You have achieved a dreamy look I like. I know that part of the soft comes from the wide open lens at 1.4. I think it worked well for you.

Thank you for the kind comments! My fav is #1 - I don't have the photographer's name at hand but #2 was inspired by a photo in a wedding photography special in Range Finder Magazine - I wasn't sure I liked the B&W conversions - my original edits left them color, but just barely.

Beautiful all around!

Having a beautiful daughter is one of my blessings (both photographic and other wise)

I saw on your smugmug site some shots taken in Hingham - small world - I work for a company based in Hingham. My last trip up there a few months ago I finally went on a whale watching boat out of Gloucester and had a blast! Tons of photographic opportunities in that part of the world!

I think they're both quite dreamy as well, beautifully shot and you have a lovely daughter. While it looks like the vignette transition is the same in both of them, I don't think it works as well in the second one. In the first, it works as it frames her face, but it doesn't work as well for me on the right hand side of the second shot. Regardless, beautiful work.:smile:

I think they're both quite dreamy as well, beautifully shot and you have a lovely daughter. While it looks like the vignette transition is the same in both of them, I don't think it works as well in the second one. In the first, it works as it frames her face, but it doesn't work as well for me on the right hand side of the second shot. Regardless, beautiful work.:smile:

I agree with your statement about the vignette - the transition/feathering is a little rougher on these than what I see on the full size originals and the right hand side of pic #2 seems distracting.

Hey, Mike, great lighting, lovely subject, wonderful photos. You're blessed by your daughter. I'm blessed by the images. Thanks!

Latest threads

Top Bottom