Dawn at Gettysburg Battlefield

I returned last night from my trip to Gettysburg. This past weekend the reenactments of the battles took place in honor of the 150th anniversary of the events.

My post processing chore is now underway! I'm hoping to complete this task before leaving on my next trip to the Pacific Northwest in a couple of weeks.

Here's one of a dawn over the Gettysburg battlefield. I enjoy using my 500 f/4 as a landscape lens!

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

D800, 500 f/4 VR

Thanks for looking...
Glenn

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Excellent, I'm looking forward to your Gettysburg images...! :cool:

Heard there were over 150,000 reenactors involved, is that number close...?
Thanks! There were a lot of people there, but not as many as 150,000. I believe there were about 20,000 reenactors and as many as 12,000 on the battlefield at once for Pickett's Charge. There were probably 40,000 or 50,000 spectators as well, making the total attendance at the event somewhere near 70,000.

Glenn

Wow, Glenn -- You certainly do get around! :smile: More Prius camping?

I hope that you really don't consider your post-processing a "chore", since you do such a great job with it. Looking forward to more images from Gettysburg!

Wow, Glenn -- You certainly do get around! :smile: More Prius camping?

I hope that you really don't consider your post-processing a "chore", since you do such a great job with it. Looking forward to more images from Gettysburg!
Thanks Bert...I really wish the post processing didn't take so long. For each day of shooting, I've been dedicating a day for post processing. At this pace, it will take me 14 days to complete the task...just in time for my 27 day trip to the Pacific Northwest...then 27 more days of post processing!

I did some Prius camping...2 nights.

Nice Glenn...my daughter is looking at Gettysburg College today...a nice area.
Thanks Chris...it is a beautiful area.

Glenn

Thanks! There were a lot of people there, but not as many as 150,000. I believe there were about 20,000 reenactors and as many as 12,000 on the battlefield at once for Pickett's Charge. There were probably 40,000 or 50,000 spectators as well, making the total attendance at the event somewhere near 70,000.

Glenn
That sounds more reasonable... The writer must have added a "0" to that
estimate I read (or I did in my head... :tongue: )

A co-worker just got back from the celebrations and said that the Pickett's charge was astounding, with waves of flags moving across the field. I can't wait to see your documentation of the event Glenn!

I really like the softness in this picture. Love it!
Thank you!

A co-worker just got back from the celebrations and said that the Pickett's charge was astounding, with waves of flags moving across the field. I can't wait to see your documentation of the event Glenn!
I attended four battles. Unfortunately, I didn't get any photos of the Pickett's charge because there were just too many people standing in front of me. And, the Pickett's charge battle was held in the middle of the afternoon...whereas the other battles I attended were early evening ones with better light.

Glenn

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom