Dawn over Marineland

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by JW53, Aug 12, 2017.

1. JW53

JW53

Jan 21, 2006
    Johns Creek, Ga
    Early summer morning at the rocks south of Marineland.

D800 and 24mm 2.8

JW8_6468-Edit.

2. This is a beauty John and you should be proud of having taken it. It is definitely heavy on the left but is still an excellent image.

3. JW53

JW53

Jan 21, 2006
    Johns Creek, Ga
    Thank you Gordon

4. Heavy on the left--I agree, but then I see the contrast between that and the flat sand as a perfect metaphor fro the transition from night to day.

5. JW53

JW53

Jan 21, 2006
    Johns Creek, Ga
    Thanks Nick.

6. Excellent version of a sunrise on this beach. Great lighting on the coquina rocks too. Nice that there are NO footprints, mainly because it is a high tide going out. I live only 15 minutes away from where this was taken, and it's one of the best sunrise beaches in our area. 'Hope you enjoyed your visit.

7. JW53

JW53

Jan 21, 2006
    Johns Creek, Ga
    Thanks Bobby,
    Thank Bobby,

Love the NE Fla coast and especially that Fla light. When we drive down from Atlanta as soon as we hit I-10 start seeing (what I call tropical skies) blue skies and those small white puffy clouds, again I love the light. Been visiting St Augustine for about 25 years. Originally we came down to windsurf , but as age crept up we've transitioned to Stand up Paddleboards. Easier on the body but still a good workout. Haven't taken them out in the surf yet but looking forward to, use to surf down at Cocoa but that was way back in 71, so hopefully haven't forgotten everything.

Have actually started looking for a Vacation / retirement home and hopefully will make some decisions before year end. Currently looking between Grand Haven in Palm Coast to Palencia north of St Augustine. At one point we were very interested in Beach Haven which is about a 1/2 mile south of where the image was taken, but thinking may want to be on the west side of the ICW just for a little added protection from the storms. Was amazed at how much vegetation had died from the hurricane especially on the drive from Crescent beach to Mantanzas inlet.