Day 2 images with my D700!

Discussion in 'Nikon FX DSLR' started by gnagel, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Well, I went golfing this Sunday afternoon. But, I did bring my D700 for the commute to and from the golf course in the far southern suburbs of Chicago, Illinois. Here's what I saw this afternoon...:smile:

#1: Ford for sale (on the farm)
    p60133263-5.

#2: Vintage Ford logo
    p64880726-5.

#3: Red car in front of Doc's Drugs
    p394945138-5.

#4: Three windows
    p49955511-5.

#4a: Three windows II
    p57584836-5.

#5: Entrance to Toys-R-Us
    p93822989-5.

Thanks for looking...
    Glenn

2. whew, pretty spectacular Glenn....that Ford almost looks like a toy model, great 3-D look.

3. WOW!!! The clarity and dynamic range is AMAZING! I've gotta get out today......

4. Very nice Glenn, love the shot of the hot-rod with OOF cornfield (assumption) and barn.

5. awesome shots, glenn
    you and the D700 are becoming best friends very quickly
    can't wait to see the shots from day 3

thanks for sharing

6. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    Great work, love the colours. Thanks for showing us.

7. Steinar

Steinar

Aug 16, 2007
    Denmark
    Thanks for sharing - very, very good.

8. Thanks Chris...

The owner of the car was very accommodating--even asking me if he could move it to a different spot for backgrounds!

Glenn

9. Thank you Sonya...

So far, I'm very pleased with the D700.

Glenn

10. Thanks!

The owner of the car was selling his Ford, his house and all of his farm land!

Glenn

11. Thanks Greg...

For Day 3, I'm headed back to Bourbonnais for the Chicago Bears' training camp.

Glenn

12. Thanks!

Thank you Robert

13. with what lens(es) will you be shooting, now that you have an FX camera (still hard to adjust to not having the 1.5x crop factor with my D3

14. Greg,

I'm going to use my D300 tonight. I'll switch to the D700 once it gets too dark. I plan to use the 300 f/2.8 and then add the 1.4x teleconverter once I move to the D700.

Glenn

15. Don't you just love having both?!! I'm feeling really spoiled having these two cams in my backpack now.....it's just too darn hot to be outside for very long here.

16. I never thought I would ever own two cameras. But, the D300 and D700 seem like a perfect pair.

I just returned from a Bears' football workout. I started with the D300 because the light was reasonable and I wanted the crop factor working for me. But, as the lighting dimmed, I transitioned to the D700 with a teleconverter so that I could experiment with higher ISO settings. I haven't processed any yet, but I had to shoot at ISO 6400 wide open in order to get shutter speeds of just 1/400th of a second!

Glenn

17. acolo63

acolo63

Aug 11, 2008
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Great shots...I look forward to seeing your iso 6400 shots.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.