Day at the beach with friends

Discussion in 'People' started by Mitchell, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Spent a relaxing day at the beach with some friends. All shot with the 85mm, f1.4 on a D200.

Rare shot of my wife.
    363726932_fgDzN-L.jpg

My friend found an interesting sponge with loads of small crabs.
    363726565_Y6bpi-XL.jpg

Mother and son
    363726110_PJfxe-XL.jpg

Went inside for some much needed shade. Evan concentrating on a maddening game of Quarto. A great game!!
    363726476_bQJak-XL.jpg

This shot suffered from some bad CA on the 85mm, f1.4. I've seen this with this lens with strong backlighting. I chose to desaturate to lessen the effect.

363725667_Fokfq-XL.jpg

2. leahp26

leahp26

Apr 28, 2008
    Southern NH
    Great captures! I LOVE the Mother & Son image - beautiful

3. pr549f2678

pr549f2678

Jun 26, 2007
    central Fl
    Mitch,
    Very nice family pictures thanks for sharing them with us.
    I'm sitting on the fence about the 85 f/1.4.

Have a nice evening,
    Phil............:smile:

4. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Beautiful. Looks like you had a great day!!

5. Duschoolboy

Duschoolboy

Dec 17, 2006
    Nice shots Mitch. Even though you seemed to have issues with the last I think its great. Looks like you guys had a good time. Up here in the Panhandle its was far from beach material. More like rain...rain...wind... and torndado warnings. I need to look that game up my son and I love stragety games.

6. Mike, we had wind and waves but no rain. The waves were a fun novelty for us since the gulf on our beach (Sand Key) is usually a giant bathtub.

We keep the game Quarto out at our beach condo. Whenever we arrive, the first thing people want to do is play the game! Simple, fun, yet addictive. If you and your son like games, you should look into this one. Here's a link.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/681

7. Thanks, Leah. I can't wait to show that shot to my friend.

Phil, you should give that lens a try. I have a love/hate relationship with mine.

Fun was had by all. I thought this weekend would be a washout with Gustav. We luckily had some decent weather. Just great, family fun at the beach with no TV, computers, etc..:cool: