1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Featured Day late to the wolf blood moon

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by Bohdan, Jan 22, 2019.

1. But I liked the cloud formation on the next day.
    moon%20day%20after%20eclipse%201857-X2.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Ann_JS

Ann_JS

Feb 18, 2015
    New York State
    Striking image: the moon looks quite glassy among those dark clouds.

3. Even the moon looks cold up your way :D 

Nicely done.

4. Thanks Ann..I really liked how the clouds framed and at times masked the moon.
    LOL...Of course it's cold. It's closer to the arctic up here.

5. Good one. Too many of the eclipse all over the internet.

6. I agree with Allan. I'm tired of looking at my own blood super wolf turbo max moon images. This is a welcome change.

7. Absolutely stunning and a lot more interesting on so many levels than a sterile photo of a wolf blood moon or a sterile photo of any kind of moon for that matter.

8. Very interesting take on this popular photography subject.

Glenn

9. I
    Thanks Allan..I actually liked this one with the clouds moreso than last night's eclipse
    Thanks Mike. Much appreciated
    Thanks Glenn

10. Bohdan, this image is stunning from the clouds to the colors to the shine of the moon!

11. Breathtaking -- the moon looks so silvery and gorgeous like a piece of fine jewelry nestled among the dark blue clouds!

12. Thanks Dossy. It was quite the sight
    Thanks Dianne. I appreciate your kind words

13. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

There was a 1940's movie called 'The Letter' starring Bette Davis. In a few of the scenes, the clouds opened to feature a full moon. Your image reminds me of the scenes in that movie. I absolutely love this shot, Bob - well done!

14. Thanks Lynden. I'm so happy that my image could trigger an association with what I hope was a movie that you enjoyed

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  15. Excellent exposure! I can never get detail in the moon and clouds to show up in the same exposure. But yours is fantastic.

16. Thanks very much Dan

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.