Day lily with off camera SB-800

I am new to Nikon cafe. I was experimenting with the
D70 and SB-800 in commander mode to back light flowers.
f/16, 1/320 sec. ISO 200,
Greg

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Welcome aboard Greg!
Experimenting is everyone's nickname in the cafe... I guess we were all genetic scientists in a "previous life" :-D
It's through experimentation that we have reached to a certain level of photo-skills.
I'm sure you'll find the cafe full of "area 51s" and with a great public library, too ;-)
Enjoy and share!

Greg, welcome to the Cafe!! I was just out shooting with a friend that was showing me the technique that you used here, and I am planning on trying it myself this weekend. It worked well for in this image.

BTW, we don't mind if you post images a little larger. Makes it easier for us to see the great pics. I usually post at 800 x 600 or larger.

I look forward to seeing more of your posts.

re: thanks

Thanks for the welcome. There is one other photo I'd like to post

D70, 70-200VR f/5.6 ISO 200 no flash

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Re: re: thanks

Greg,

Welcome to the Cafe. I think your second image is dreamy. You really nailed the color too! I have a lot of difficulty with reds and yellows in nature. Great job. 8)

not sure why but the second picture looks a little out of focus or as some might say a little soft.. but love the colors....

Tim

I like very much the second shot, I guess you made the focus on the third flower from the top. The colors are very good.

Right, Focus is on the 3rd flower down. DOF at f/5.6 is shallow and I think gives the photo a soft feel. I have others with more and less DOF, ( I kept changing f/stops) but I liked this one because of the soft texture.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom