Day One of vacation (Green Herons)

OK spent the first morning of my vacation back on Burton Island the dike you cross to the island had 6 green herons feeding along it what a show they put on. Saw and got a bunch of flying shots of some other birds that I will post later. All shots taken with the D2X and the 200-400VR
Img1226.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Img1248.jpg

Img1215.jpg

Img1307.jpg

Img1325.jpg

Very nice shots, Mike. I love the 4th and 5th ones. Colors are terrific and just pop. Do you find there is a best time of the day to shoot birds?

Jackpot!

Wow, great find on your 1st day with your new rig! Are these a bit warm WB-wise, or are they pretty accurate. I see you used Cloudy WB. Was it cloudy?

Excellent shots Mike, but then I'm not surprised. These guys are usually pretty skittish, so they must have been feeding or flirting to allow you to get close enough to take this many great shots. 8)

Hi Mike

The pics suck Mike! sorry to say.........but just for you and not just anyone, I will take the 200-400mm off your hands. :p :p Hope you enjoy you holidays, looks like your going to have a ton of fun, look forward to seeing more :shock: Beautiful series Mike..........

Looks like you're settling into that new combo just fine! Great shots. I can't believe some of these posters like Frank and Keith who are trying to strong-arm these fantastic lenses from the grips of others! The nerve!! I would never dream of doing such things.

btw, looks like your lens is front focusing. I would be happy to check it out for you just to rule out any mechanical issues. I'll PM you my address to send it to. ;)

Mike,

They are all good, but the last 2 are just brilliant! I love the light you captured and the warm colors of the shots.

Btw, congrats with the new gear (D2X and 200-400 :!:): it is taking you no time at all to master it! :p Do you hand-hold the big gun? :twisted: :?: ;-)

G

Gordon Large

Hey Mike -

Great series of GH shots! Looks like you and your 200-400 are going to get along just fine. I trust you aren't hand-holding the beast. If you are, WOW! How close to these guys were you shooting? What was your trick for getting so close? Shooting from a car? Or did you call ahead to have all the GHs tranquilized before you got there? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have a great time and keep making us all jealous.

Gordon

Latest threads

Top Bottom