Day Trippin' to Sedona - 6 pic's

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by haze2, Jun 1, 2007.

1. haze2

haze2

Mar 18, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2007
  2. fyrbolt

fyrbolt

Feb 2, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Great pictures. I too think AZ is a beautiful palce. My wife is from Flagstaff so we visit there quite often. I also like to fly fish at Lee's Ferry. Another great place to take pictures. Especially "Horseshoe Bend" on the Colorado River.

What camrea and lenses are you using?

3. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Some folks think it's a tad warm though.

Nice pics Haze!

4. Nice shots! I remember that church when I visited Sedona years back. I wish I was into photography back then :(

Anthony

5. Looks hot, indeed. But spectacular landscape.

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very beautiful images

7. Nice, brings back a few memories

8. I will be in Sedona in October for two days, then South Rim for two days and Las Vegas for three.

Any suggestions?

Beautiful photos, I appreciate any input.

thanks, Greg

9. haze2

haze2

Mar 18, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thanks for all your comments!

Ray: I agree, the Colorado holds unlimited photo ops. I used two kit lenses for all these pic’s, the Nikkor 18-55 & 55-200.

Chris: The weather was perfect on this trip, but you are right…..the inferno is coming. The great thing about Phoenix is that in just an 1hr 45min you can be in the mountains and out of the heat.

Anthony: That church is nearly as famous and the surrounding countryside. There are a couple more church shots on my pbase site. http://www.pbase.com/haze2

Harry, Gale, Phil: Thanks for the comments!

Greg: I can make lots of suggestions, but it depends on your goal for this trip. If you just want to relax, don’t change a thing. However, if you really want to shoot some spectacular scenery, then I suggest you cut 2 days from the Sedona, South Rim, and Vegas portion of the trip and use them to visit Zion and Bryce Canyon National Parks. It’s a short drive from Vegas to Zion and you will never regret it. You can check out my pbase site for some Zion & Bryce pic’s taken last month.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2007
  10. Toby D

Toby D

Mar 7, 2006
    Iowaay
    But its a dry heat.;)

They are beautiful shots, Haze. I really need to stop next time I'm down that way. Still, nothing compares with seeing AZ in person. But you certainly whet the appetite.

11. haze2

haze2

Mar 18, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thanks Toby! Everyone jokes about the dry heat, but it’s really true. The heat is very bearable when it’s really dry. The intolerable heat comes when the monsoons arrive and the humidity soars. The only months I really want to escape are July, August, and September. The other 9-months range from tolerable to glorious. And you are right, “nothing compares with seeing AZ in person..”.

12. Zion sounds great, maybe early morning while others sleep.
    Thanks for the suggestion

13. Nice shots Haze, pretty country. The shot of the chruch is really neat.

14. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    I love the scenery out there, I just think I'd miss the water too much to live there. It does get humid, I was out there the end of Sept one year and it felt like August in the NE. I remember the last time I was out there, they had lit the Chapel in the Rocks at night.

15. the best thing about Sedona is it's just 30 minutes from Flagstaff.....

16. Jarrell

Jarrell

Feb 13, 2005
    Macon, Ga.
    Ahhh.. Jerome! I think I heard one of the best mandolin players I've ever heard in a bar in Jerome. Nothing like a hot mandolin and cold beer. Hmmm... that is the Jerome that is perched on the side of a mountain near some type of mine, isn't it? Or was the beer a tad too cold that day? :smile:
    Jarrell

17. haze2

haze2

Mar 18, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Jerrell, your memory serves you well. Most of the town was built into cliffs. It's a pretty funky place now, very artsy fartsy in a rustic way.....but without all the slick commerical aspects of Sedona. You'll love this shot of the Chamber of Commerce!

18. Great photos, Haze! Love those blue skies with the red stone - such a contrast. Interesting Chamber of Commerce. :smile: Very pretty part of the country.

19. rsprouse

rsprouse

Jan 25, 2006
    Encinitas CA
    The second shot is a stunner. Great work!

-- Russ