Day Trippin' to Sedona - 6 pic's

Yesterday I decided to take a quick day trip up to Sedona and Oak Creek Canyon. On the way back I drove through the old ghost town of Jerome. I battled the bright mid-day sun for most of the shots, but it was a great day anyway. Arizona is such a beautiful state; I truly feel blessed to live here!

79765951.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 98461

View attachment 98462

View attachment 98463

View attachment 98464

View attachment 98465

Last edited by a moderator:
Great pictures. I too think AZ is a beautiful palce. My wife is from Flagstaff so we visit there quite often. I also like to fly fish at Lee's Ferry. Another great place to take pictures. Especially "Horseshoe Bend" on the Colorado River.

What camrea and lenses are you using?

I will be in Sedona in October for two days, then South Rim for two days and Las Vegas for three.

Any suggestions?

Beautiful photos, I appreciate any input.

thanks, Greg

Thanks for all your comments!

Ray: I agree, the Colorado holds unlimited photo ops. I used two kit lenses for all these pic’s, the Nikkor 18-55 & 55-200.

Chris: The weather was perfect on this trip, but you are right…..the inferno is coming. The great thing about Phoenix is that in just an 1hr 45min you can be in the mountains and out of the heat.

Anthony: That church is nearly as famous and the surrounding countryside. There are a couple more church shots on my pbase site. http://www.pbase.com/haze2

Harry, Gale, Phil: Thanks for the comments!

Greg: I can make lots of suggestions, but it depends on your goal for this trip. If you just want to relax, don’t change a thing. However, if you really want to shoot some spectacular scenery, then I suggest you cut 2 days from the Sedona, South Rim, and Vegas portion of the trip and use them to visit Zion and Bryce Canyon National Parks. It’s a short drive from Vegas to Zion and you will never regret it. You can check out my pbase site for some Zion & Bryce pic’s taken last month.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some folks think it's a tad warm though.

Nice pics Haze!

But its a dry heat.;)

They are beautiful shots, Haze. I really need to stop next time I'm down that way. Still, nothing compares with seeing AZ in person. But you certainly whet the appetite.

Thanks Toby! Everyone jokes about the dry heat, but it’s really true. The heat is very bearable when it’s really dry. The intolerable heat comes when the monsoons arrive and the humidity soars. The only months I really want to escape are July, August, and September. The other 9-months range from tolerable to glorious. And you are right, “nothing compares with seeing AZ in person..”.

Thanks for all your comments!

Greg: I can make lots of suggestions, but it depends on your goal for this trip. If you just want to relax, don’t change a thing. However, if you really want to shoot some spectacular scenery, then I suggest you cut 2 days from the Sedona, South Rim, and Vegas portion of the trip and use them to visit Zion and Bryce Canyon National Parks. It’s a short drive from Vegas to Zion and you will never regret it. You can check out my pbase site for some Zion & Bryce pic’s taken last month.

Zion sounds great, maybe early morning while others sleep.
Thanks for the suggestion

I love the scenery out there, I just think I'd miss the water too much to live there. It does get humid, I was out there the end of Sept one year and it felt like August in the NE. I remember the last time I was out there, they had lit the Chapel in the Rocks at night.

Ahhh.. Jerome! I think I heard one of the best mandolin players I've ever heard in a bar in Jerome. Nothing like a hot mandolin and cold beer. Hmmm... that is the Jerome that is perched on the side of a mountain near some type of mine, isn't it? Or was the beer a tad too cold that day? :smile:
Jarrell

Jerrell, your memory serves you well. Most of the town was built into cliffs. It's a pretty funky place now, very artsy fartsy in a rustic way.....but without all the slick commerical aspects of Sedona. You'll love this shot of the Chamber of Commerce!

79797248.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Great photos, Haze! Love those blue skies with the red stone - such a contrast. Interesting Chamber of Commerce. :smile: Very pretty part of the country.

Latest threads

Top Bottom