Daylily Show - Group#1

DSC0012-X3.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSC0013-X3.jpg

DSC0015-X3.jpg

DSC0018-X3.jpg

DSC0019-X3.jpg

DSC0022-X3.jpg

Where did you shoot these, and did you use a tripod? The sharpness and detail are very good. I have tried three times at the botanical gardens, and the wind makes it near impossible to get sharpness where you want it. The colors are really nice, what kind of lighting did you have?

You should consider cropping the sides, it will make the shots a lot more attractive.

Where did you shoot these, and did you use a tripod? The sharpness and detail are very good. I have tried three times at the botanical gardens, and the wind makes it near impossible to get sharpness where you want it. The colors are really nice, what kind of lighting did you have?

You should consider cropping the sides, it will make the shots a lot more attractive.

Thanks Tim for your post, and suggestions! All of these photos were taken inside a mall (Crabtree Mall, Raleigh, NC) at a Daylily show. They were all taken hand held, using my D3s, with my 24 70mm f/2.8 and 105mm VR.

I have had good results taking flower closeups outside with some wind using AF-C mode, and the 105mm VR lens.

Nikon pro glass that I'm extremely happy with!

Thanks for the detail. I figured most out when I found parts 2-4 after posting. They had dropped way down the page.

I have been using my Zeiss 35 and 100 f2 for the flowers, but next time I will try with the 24-70. Your colors really are excellent in all four posts.

Thanks for the detail. I figured most out when I found parts 2-4 after posting. They had dropped way down the page.

I have been using my Zeiss 35 and 100 f2 for the flowers, but next time I will try with the 24-70. Your colors really are excellent in all four posts.

Thank you! The 24 70mm is an absolutely incredible lens!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom