Greetings all: I have been preparing to take a series of images that brings us back to the early days of our country. The plan is to create a group of images that will take the viewer back to a time when we had no computers or electric lights and the people who lived in the rural areas of our world worked hard and put in long days. As part of my (getting my act together) I have been doing shots that will allow me to improve different shooting issues and figure out how is the best way to handle strange light with blended images. It's the plan to have many of the images to be shot in real settings with real people who have agreed to assist in taking me and my camera back many years when things were simple but real hard... I'm planning to begin the (night shot's) as soon as we have our next full moon as the night shots will be outdoors and will take me into the complex realm of trying to mix flash photography with light painting and multiple exposures to create a single image. This will allow me to generate images that will (with luck) have light that could not be produced any other way. As I said earlier, I’ve been doing a ton of images while I'm still in the (practice) mod and I thought I would post one to see what you folks thought. This image is a compellation of four frames that I took and then blended them together to create the image. Doing this type of thing is not your normal paste and copy thing. All the components of each image needs to be present in each frame but I concentrate my efforts in different parts of the image with different frames. (I bet I’ve got everyone lost by now…lol) So in the hopes of making this a little clearer... Everything you see in this image was present in each frame. Frame #1 had me simply work on lighting the window areas. This was done with (3) SB800 flashgun one on a stand out side the building. A second one in my hand to light the side wall of the window and a third one as a (master) on the camera but turned down so it did not add light to the frame. Frame #2 I worked on lighting Stacy in this frame I let the lantern do it's thing. And added a little light on the ground with a SB800 stuck in the snow. Frame #3 saw me "Light Paint" Stacy with a flashlight to get the feel I was wanting. Frame #4 had me adding light into the background and outer reaches of the frame to complete the scene. At the end of all this I (melt) all the components together and create what you see. The exposures for this type of image change from a short frame of 2 seconds... to a long exposure of over a minute. Because my lighting efforts caused me to be both inside and outside the building it made life a little more interesting. But it seems you can do anything you want as long as you NEED TO...lol Any and all input is more than welcome. Sorry for writing a book... But I just thought some here would like to know what went into the making of the image. I know the image needs work but from the attempt I have learned what NOT to do next time. Hope you enjoy.